U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

So did you read it? What happens in the end? Tell us it's all going to be alright pleeeeeeaassse!

Nuclear holocaust

One of the things that I like about our system is that despite the enormous power of the presidency, he is forced to defer power to a federal judge for the final say. I don't think he can win this fight he's just picked. Americans showing their good side right now with their protesting and activism.

or its a strategy to public undermine the other checks and balances, as a way of saying "look, my darling cultist followers, I clearly need all the power as these silly judge people want to stop me. They're bad, if they want to stop me, that means they love terrorists, FAKE JUDGES, sad!"

• Like 1

New documents confirm that Donald Trump retains a direct tie to his business interests through a revocable trust overseen by one of his adult sons and a longtime executive of the Trump Organization.

The president is the sole beneficiary of the Donald J Trump Revocable Trust, which is tied to his social security number as the taxpayer identification number, according to documents published online by the investigative nonprofit ProPublica.

Trump can revoke the trust, which was amended three days before his inauguration, at any time.

The details about the trust were included in a 27 January letter to the Washington liquor board that notes Donald Trump Jr, the president’s eldest son, and Allen Weisselberg, the company official, are its new trustees. The Trump trust holds a liquor license for the hotel that opened last fall in the federally owned Old Post Office building. A provision in the lease, signed in 2013, for that building prohibits an elected official from benefiting from the property.

Guardian

He can't last much longer can he? Even in a stable government people are always plotting in the corridors. Surely there will be a lot of people currently scheming his demise?

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

or its a strategy to public undermine the other checks and balances, as a way of saying "look, my darling cultist followers, I clearly need all the power as these silly judge people want to stop me. They're bad, if they want to stop me, that means they love terrorists, FAKE JUDGES, sad!"

or the supreme court now gets to set a precedence...

21 minutes ago, darrenm said:

He can't last much longer can he? Even in a stable government people are always plotting in the corridors. Surely there will be a lot of people currently scheming his demise?

I expect there were discussions even before the inauguration...

24 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Of course he can. I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a long way to go and a lot of shit still to pull.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The problem is how do you get rid of him?

I'm not sure what you have to do to get impeached nowadays - the last President got caught bugging the  German chancellor, and not even for political reasons, he got caught bugging her in order to give US corporations a competitive advantage - the one before that got caught lying through his teeth in order to "reform" the economy of Iraq and killed a million people in the process; nothing. It seems it's almost impossible to impeach a President for anything in the political sphere and I don't think he's dumb enough to get into a personal position that'll see him off.

So, unless his heart packs up, I think he's here for four years.

• Like 1

Â