The League Cup

samjp26

not any more i dont think. if that's the case then the league cup spot goes to the highest placed team in the league who havent qualified for europe

Yep. It's only the FA cup where the runner up gets the extra spot.

Bradford are the worst side left, it's over 2 legs and with the 2nd leg at VP you should think we'd have enough to make the Final. I do worry about Given vs crosses against these lower league teams though! But I will always find something to worry about in games we should win.

• Like 2

I'm more concerned about getting a ticket for the final ;) I'm practically shitting it trying to work out if I can get a ticket with not being a ST this year; after going away to University. We got 32k for the final in 2010 (with around 25-26k STs) so nowadays we probably have around 21-22k STs so hopefully I should be alright after going to 4 League matches so far this season, 6 after Spurs and Wigan.

From http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/94122/867841.aspx

"The Club will receive an allocation of 31,750 tickets" - this was back in 2010

I'm more concerned about getting a ticket for the final ;) I'm practically shitting it trying to work out if I can get a ticket with not being a ST and all this year, after going away to University. We got 32k for the final in 2010 (with around 25-26k ST holders) so nowadays we probably have around 21-22k so hopefully should be alright after doing too 4 League matches so far this season, 6 after Spurs and Wigan.

We ain't even there yet....

• Like 1

I couldnt face us losing another final. It will be 3 in a row :(

I would much rather Chelsea than United though. Our record against them is much better. You just felt after the Man City game that its fate that we win the cup this year. We go behind twice in the lions den and score late goals to rescue us twice. Swindon get back to 2-2 then we win it in injury time. We equalize seconds after trailing to Norwich.

I wouldnt care if we finished 17th if we win this. I would be more nervous facing Swansea than Chelsea. I prefer that nothing to lose philosophy than the "we should win" one :blink:

If Villa get to the final, I dont want to see fans running on the pitch again, it made us look small time against Blackburn in 2010.

As for Guzan, I want him to stay in goal for the cup.

As for cup finals, could this be 3 final defeats in a row.

A great draw for both clubs and very much so for us. Over two legs the team that won at Manchester City, Swindon and Norwich should be good enough to get to the final and beat whoever we meet there. ;) Now is not the time to worry about Europe or whether we would qualify if we lost the final. When was the last time Swansea won one after all? :D Well done to Bradford for getting to the last 4 and to those of their fans who have shown us some respect in the comments they have made on their site. They will give it everything and I recall a close semi final in 1975 against Chester that we won by the odd goal over 2 legs but to use the words of Ron Saunders "Do you want to bet against us"....

Come on Daniel, you seriously can't see us beating Bradford over two legs, the second one being at home as well -_-

Sure, it looks easy, but i bet Arsenal thought that too. I'd rather not get my hopes up too much until we are there.

We should get through without too much trouble over two legs but that doesn't mean we should be arrogant and dismissive of Bradford. They're in the semi finals on merit

and deserve all due respect for getting so far.

I'm sure in 1971 Man Utd, a team that included Charlton and George Best and finished I believe as league runners up that season, thought they were through when they drew a third division

side in the semi finals. We should have the sense and class to have confidence without being arrogant about it.

• Like 1