The League Cup

samjp26

If we beat bradford, and chelsea beat swansea. Asllong as chelsea qualify via their league position, we'll be in Europe. Is that right?

Forgive me for jumping the gun btw

not any more i dont think. if that's the case then the league cup spot goes to the highest placed team in the league who havent qualified for europe

The runners up in the League Cup get nothing. It's only in the FA cup do the runners-up get Europe. And only then if the winner gains this via league position.

We have to win the final to get Europe. But **** Europe anyway, I want a trophy more than anything.

Although its probably the best draw we could have hoped for, I really don't think we should get ahead of ourselves here. Bradford have shown that they are absolutely no mugs and have nothing to lose - they will probably raise their game way above the level they normally play.

The first leg will be the real clincher, Valley Parade will be rocking and that will lift the home team. But I can't wait for the home leg at Villa Park; I do hope they give out those lovely ribbon flags again like they did in 2010 - who still has theirs?

• Like 1

just been looking in to ticket allocation at valley parade looks like it could be between 3000 and 4000 tickets only quoting whats on bradford forum though as for if we get to the final check the villa web site it gives all the info about cup game's on there anyway first lets get the result in the semi's first utv19

Although its probably the best draw we could have hoped for, I really don't think we should get ahead of ourselves here. Bradford have shown that they are absolutely no mugs and have nothing to lose - they will probably raise their game way above the level they normally play.

The first leg will be the real clincher, Valley Parade will be rocking and that will lift the home team. But I can't wait for the home leg at Villa Park; I do hope they give out those lovely ribbon flags again like they did in 2010 - who still has theirs?

I found mine the other day, didn't realise it was covered in dust and started waving it. The Mrs wasn't happy at all!

I've just though of something, does this mean European football even if we lose the final against Chelsea? (on the basis Chelsea will almost certainly be in Champions League or Europa league positions)

Did you just think of that after reading the other poster who asked the question only a couple up?

stop getting so arrogant we are not there ...yet

yes we are expecte to win and yes we will if we play well but beating arsenal is some feat. If we turn up and think we have won see the doncaster game..

They didn't beat them over 90 mins, they drew 1-1. If we do the same we would be massive favourites for the second leg.