How many countries have you been to?

Xela

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the top of my head

united kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Lichtenstein, Andorra, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech Republic,  Croatia, Yugoslavia (Pre Balkan war), Greece, Cyprus, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Japan, Australia, America 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Austria, Belgium, Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, UK(lol), USA, Vatican

So, 23 countries... think that's all of them!

Favourite probably Costa Rica & Mexico. Love Italy too and Thailand was good.

Next up... bugger all at this rate! Thinking Switzerland.

On 15/10/2019 at 10:02, fightoffyour said:

Just added 2 last week so I'll make my first list here:

Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Cambodia
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Egypt
France
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Laos
Malaysia
Malta
Mexico
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Singapore
Slovakia
Spain
Thailand
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
United States of America
Uruguay
Vatican City
Vietnam

= 45 (48)

Haven't been anywhere new since here, but there's a little game between friends to guess and then find out how many countries we've all been to cumulatively so I came back to check my list and realised I missed off Romania (Bucharest / Summer Well Festival) a short while just before Georgia in 2019. Bolded Austrailia too for all of the 2019 (and 2020, none 😋) new entries:

Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Cambodia
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Egypt
France
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Laos
Malaysia
Malta
Mexico
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Singapore
Slovakia
Spain
Thailand
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States of America
Uruguay
Vatican City
Vietnam

= 45

Will hopefully be able to visit some friends who've moved to Switzerland soon ish, and got plans/hopes for Japan and South Korea which might involve a layover in China somewhere or Doha (been to the aiport before but not the city tour that time sadly) to bring me nicely up to 49 not 50.

Edit: had counted one too many

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

On 10/09/2019 at 10:49, Wainy316 said:

That puts me on 38.  Expect to at least add Canada and Norway next year with the latter becoming my 40th.  They'll be partying in the streets of Oslo with that honour I'm sure.

Still haven't hit 40, or 39 for that matter.  Stooooopid virus.

• 4 weeks later...

Another one today, went to Luxembourg to get some coffee! The in laws go once a month on a coffee and petrol run, service station over the border had more coffee than they had booze and ciggies 

Puts me on 28 (31 if you split the UK) 

UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, denmark, Sweden, Poland, Russia, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, malta, Turkey, romania

Japan, china, uae

USA, Canada, Mexico, cuba

Egypt, Morocco 

• Like 2

Just popping into Luxembourg for a coffee, how cool is that?! : >  I want to be able to go abroad again! By the way, can the black country count as one of my countries? I once went to Wolverhampton for a weekend.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 23/03/2021 at 23:44, robby b said:

Just popping into Luxembourg for a coffee, how cool is that?! 

Hey, I’ve crossed intenational borders on foot just to look at some architecture and old ceiling. 

• Like 1

On 23/03/2021 at 22:44, robby b said:

Just popping into Luxembourg for a coffee, how cool is that?! : > 

Don't think you were around on the forum when I discussed it originally  , but for my 50th  (last August) 12 of us had a trip planned to have a "beer" in 8 countries in one day  ...  Lux was one of the 8 ( Holland ,Belgium, France ,Lux, Switzerland , Liechtenstein ,Austria ,Germany) 

its been rescheduled 3 times already due to the virus thingy , but currently scheduled for May 2022 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Don't think you were around on the forum when I discussed it originally  , but for my 50th  (last August) 12 of us had a trip planned to have a "beer" in 8 countries in one day  ...  Lux was one of the 8 ( Holland ,Belgium, France ,Lux, Switzerland , Liechtenstein ,Austria ,Germany) 

its been rescheduled 3 times already due to the virus thingy , but currently scheduled for May 2022 

Wow! Fantastic idea, 8 (eight) countries in one day! I've been to five of those countries: Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland (just for 12 hours) and Holland. Belgium's one of the countries I most want to visit, mainly for the Tintin museum in Brussels and the main  square in Bruges but also for Belgian chocolate and, of course... delicious Belgian beer! 🍺 I love their fruit beers, especially with cherry juice! 😋🥰 I can't remember their name. Maybe Alambique or Kriekboom or something like that. :s 🤔 

I can imagine you finally getting through the border into the 8th country at 11.59pm and quickly opening a just in case, emergency can of beer in order to succeed in this magnificent challenge, just! Phew. Last minute Phileas Fogg style, like in 80 Days Around the World. 

Edited by robby b
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

the german roadworks will have something to say about that ;) seriously dont drive through Germany its shit, would guess depending how you do it you could end up being sent down towards stuttgart way which is surrounded by roadworks thanks to the train station project (B1M did a special on it a few months back, huge project thats taken over 20 years) 

i went to schengen where you can do 3 of them in 5 mins, there's a vlogger somewhere on youtube showing all the cool stuff around there if you wanted to throw in some tourism but i dont think you'll have time, the saarschliefe is worth a 10 minute detour

438cc0e7-2389-4e95-8a44-b080da150977Baumwipfelpfad-Saarschleife.jpg

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the german roadworks will have something to say about that ;) seriously dont drive through Germany its shit, would guess depending how you do it you could end up being sent down towards stuttgart way which is surrounded by roadworks thanks to the train station project (B1M did a special on it a few months back, huge project thats taken over 20 years) 

i went to schengen where you can do 3 of them in 5 mins, there's a vlogger somewhere on youtube showing all the cool stuff around there if you wanted to throw in some tourism but i dont think you'll have time, the saarschliefe is worth a 10 minute detour

438cc0e7-2389-4e95-8a44-b080da150977Baumwipfelpfad-Saarschleife.jpg

Sightseeing will be for another time :) 

Starting in Maastricht (first beet is at 05:00 !!) then heading south via Belgium  , France and Lux 

From Lux we fly to Zurich ...and then have a mini bus take us to Liechtenstein , Austria and enter Germany somewhere near Friedrichshafen or Lindau , literally just over the Austrian border , so fingers crossed we won't encounter many traffic issues 

heading up to Munich the following morning but that's not part of the 24 hours sprint so traffic can do its worst then :)  , might go

• Like 1

With my folks: England, Spain, Greece

I had severe lone travel anxiety until 2017, but since then I've been to: Canada (Montréal), Ireland (Dublin), USA (New York), and I'm hopefully going to Switzerland (Zurich) next year.

Looking forward to maskless flights again. I'll be going all over then.

For me, off the top of my head:

USA (pretty much all over :D)
Mexico (I was only over there for a night when staying down in San Diego.  Tijuana was eye-opening!). 
Canada (again, pretty much all over :D)
Slovakia
Poland
Gibraltar
France
Spain
Netherlands
Germany
Czech Republic
Denmark
Belgium
Peru
Iceland
Cyprus
UAE
Ireland
Italy (Sicily)
Bulgaria
England, Wales, Scotland (obvs). 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think is 25 which needs to be added to next year! Mostly Europe based, did a few random eastern European city breaks in pre covid days. I don't think the The Republic of Užupis counts in Vilnius though.

UK
USA
Mexico
Canada
Egypt
France
Spain
Portugal
Netherlands
Belgium
Luxembourg
Liechtenstein
Switzerland
Austria
Slovakia
Hungary
Poland
Germany
Italy
Slovenia
Greece
Bulgaria
Romania
Lithuania
Ireland
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 23/02/2021 at 17:46, fightoffyour said:

Haven't been anywhere new since here, but there's a little game between friends to guess and then find out how many countries we've all been to cumulatively so I came back to check my list and realised I missed off Romania (Bucharest / Summer Well Festival) a short while just before Georgia in 2019. Bolded Austrailia too for all of the 2019 (and 2020, none 😋) new entries:

Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Cambodia
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Egypt
France
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Laos
Malaysia
Malta
Mexico
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Singapore
Slovakia
Spain
Thailand
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States of America
Uruguay
Vatican City
Vietnam

= 45

Will hopefully be able to visit some friends who've moved to Switzerland soon ish, and got plans/hopes for Japan and South Korea which might involve a layover in China somewhere or Doha (been to the aiport before but not the city tour that time sadly) to bring me nicely up to 49 not 50.

Edit: had counted one too many

Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Cambodia
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Egypt
France
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Laos
Malaysia
Malta
Mexico
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Singapore
Slovakia
Spain
Thailand
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States of America
Uruguay
Vatican City
Vietnam

= 46

• Like 1

There were a couple of US politicians in the 90's who bragged about never having been outside the US and not seeing any need to ever do so.   Guess which political party.   Too easy?   Guess which state (almost as easy).

• Shocked 1

OK beforeI retired did a fair amount of travel for work. Seen a fair few hotels, mines, conference centres, and smelters. Lived on three different continents.
Canada (35 y)
USA
Mexico
Peru
Chile
Dominican Republic
Cuba

Finland
Estonia'
Latvia
Lithuania
Netherlands
Belgium
France
Spain
UK (25 y) not NI or Eire. Almost made Dublin but bad weather on the Irish Sea was a problem
Greece (well Corfu really)
Switzerland
Romania

Israel
Iran
South Africa (6 y)
Botswana
Zimbabwe
Swaziland

Japan
China

Australia
New Caledonia (technically part of France)

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be turning 50 (fifty) next year and I've been to 24 countries (not including the UK, where I was born) and apart from the USA they're all in Western Europe and Latin America. In chronological order:

• Austria (when I was 8, I think)
  • France
  • Italy
  • Germany 
  • USA
  • Spain
  • Bolivia
  • Chile
  • Peru
  • Switzerland (one day)
  • The Netherlands
  • Argentina
  • Brazil 
  • Paraguay (one day)
  • Uruguay
  • Ecuador 
  • Colombia
  • Suriname
  • Guyana
  • Venezuela
  • Panama
  • Costa Rica
  • Nicaragua 
  • Portugal

Since my 20s I've aso dreamed about visiting India and Nepal especially and also south-east Asia and Africa but have just never got round to it, in part because I got so addicted to and obsessed with South America! 😍 However it's also because I've been stubbornly trying to achieve an advanced level in Spanish for 16 years now, partly for professional reasons (and am still not quite there, good grief. :s For most of us, foreign languages are just not easy).

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

Â