How many countries have you been to?

Xela

Iceland does look an extraordinary place. I have an obsession with it at the moment. After I visit America later this year, Iceland is definitely my next destination! Already got my lonely planet guide....

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Australia

Austria

American Samoa

Bangladesh

Belgium

Bahrain

Bhutan

Bulgaria

Barbados

Brunei Daruasalem

Cuba

Cambodia

China

Croatia

Czech Republic

Djibouti

Denmark

Ethiopia

Egypt

Ecuador

Estonia

England :-)

Finland

Fiji

France

Germany

Gambia

Greece

Hungary

Hong Kong

Italy

India

Indonesia

Ireland

Jamaica

Jordan

Japan

( all the J countries :-) )

Kenya

Korea , democratic people's republic ( north to most)

Korea , republic of ( south to most )

Kuwait ( will technically I'm going there in 2 days time )

Luxembourg

Lao

Latvia

Lebanon

Mauritius

Mexico

Malaysia

Myanmar (Burma to some)

Mongolia

Morocco

Monaco

Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Oman

Peru

Poland

Portugal

Philippines

Qatar ( I'm here right now as I type this whilst the kids are sleeping :-) )

Russia

Romania

Sri Lanka

Syria

St. Lucia

Sweden

Switzerland

San Marino

Samoa

Singapore

Slovenia

Slovakia

Spain

Scotland

Taiwan

Tonga

Tibet ( though technically china )

Thailand

Tanzania

Turkey

Trinidad and Tobago

Tunisia

Turks and Caicos

United States of America

United Arab Emirates

Vietnam

Vatican City

Wales

Zanzibar (ok technically it Tanzania but I needed a Z :-) )

Might have missed a couple as I'm working from memory

can Add Romania to my list as of a couple of weeks ago :-)

2 new countries so far this year Monaco and Romania

Can now add Indonesia , Bhutan , Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to the list

6 new countries so far this year , nothing else new planned for this year at the moment though :-(

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I have been to 121 countries, all 7 continents (did Antarctica 9 years ago), and 8 states of America. I have been through 6 passports (2 filled and 4 lost!) and been hospitalised in 8 countries. I still have quite a few places to visit that I haven't made it yet such as New Zealand and Mongolia but I'm working on it!  :)

Holidayed in the Balkans last year with some friends, one such friend got bitten by a bug, his leg ballooned to the size of an Elephants, and we spent a thoroughly enjoyable 3hrs in a 40*c Belgrade waiting room.

Good times!

In fact, this topic could have its own thread! "Unfortunate Travel Stories..."

I have been to 121 countries, all 7 continents (did Antarctica 9 years ago), and 8 states of America. I have been through 6 passports (2 filled and 4 lost!) and been hospitalised in 8 countries. I still have quite a few places to visit that I haven't made it yet such as New Zealand and Mongolia but I'm working on it! :)

You need to fight Tony.

I have been to 121 countries, all 7 continents (did Antarctica 9 years ago), and 8 states of America. I have been through 6 passports (2 filled and 4 lost!) and been hospitalised in 8 countries. I still have quite a few places to visit that I haven't made it yet such as New Zealand and Mongolia but I'm working on it!  :)

Holidayed in the Balkans last year with some friends, one such friend got bitten by a bug, his leg ballooned to the size of an Elephants, and we spent a thoroughly enjoyable 3hrs in a 40*c Belgrade waiting room.

Good times!

In fact, this topic could have its own thread! "Unfortunate Travel Stories..."

Haha.

Well, just for the record, my unfortunate incidents include altitude sickness in Bolivia, Malaria in Zambia, Dengue in Brazil, Tonsilitis in Norway and moped accidents in Greece and Thailand. There was also an incident in Ibiza that I won't go into as well as a rather nasty diving accident in Colombia. Madness! :)

Edited by One For The Road

I have been to 121 countries, all 7 continents (did Antarctica 9 years ago), and 8 states of America. I have been through 6 passports (2 filled and 4 lost!) and been hospitalised in 8 countries. I still have quite a few places to visit that I haven't made it yet such as New Zealand and Mongolia but I'm working on it! :)

You need to fight Tony.

I'm closing in on 100 so alas it's a fight I'm currently behind on

Australia

Austria

American Samoa

Bangladesh

Belgium

Bahrain

Bhutan

Bulgaria

Barbados

Brunei Daruasalem

Canada

Cuba

Cambodia

China

Croatia

Czech Republic

Djibouti

Denmark

Ethiopia

Egypt

Ecuador

Estonia

England :-)

Finland

Fiji

France

Germany

Gambia

Greece

Hungary

Hong Kong

Italy

India

Indonesia

Ireland

Jamaica

Jordan

Japan

( all the J countries :-) )

Kenya

Korea , democratic people's republic ( north to most)

Korea , republic of ( south to most )

Kuwait ( will technically I'm going there in 2 days time )

Luxembourg

Lao

Latvia

Lebanon

Lithuania

Mauritius

Mexico

Malaysia

Myanmar (Burma to some)

Mongolia

Morocco

Monaco

Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Oman

Peru

Poland

Portugal

Philippines

Qatar ( I'm here right now as I type this whilst the kids are sleeping :-) )

Russia

Romania

Sri Lanka

Syria

St. Lucia

Sweden

Switzerland

San Marino

Samoa

Singapore

Slovenia

Slovakia

Spain

Scotland

Taiwan

Tonga

Tibet ( though technically china )

Thailand

Tanzania

Turkey

Trinidad and Tobago

Tunisia

Turks and Caicos

United States of America

United Arab Emirates

Vietnam

Vatican City

Wales

Zanzibar (ok technically it Tanzania but I needed a Z :-) )

Might have missed a couple as I'm working from memory

can Add Romania to my list as of a couple of weeks ago :-)

2 new countries so far this year Monaco and Romania

Can now add Indonesia , Bhutan , Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to the list

6 new countries so far this year , nothing else new planned for this year at the moment though :-(

Canada and Lithuania so far this year

Malta , Albania , Iran and Azerbaijan going on the list in June  :)

Ukraine in Sept , though couple of my mates are already talking about wimping out of that one  ...meh

Edited by tonyh29

You need to fight Tony.

I find the trouble is that I keep revisiting my favourite counties these days and not going to as many new countries each year. Last year I went  to 21 countries but only Zimbabwe, Mauritius and Croatia were new to me. 

You need to fight Tony.

I find the trouble is that I keep revisiting my favourite counties these days and not going to as many new countries each year. Last year I went  to 21 countries but only Zimbabwe, Mauritius and Croatia were new to me. 

Yeah same as that , trouble is a lot of these places I went to I now have to go back to with the kids as they want to see places that Daddy went to ...

plus I'm finding it harder to find new places I want to go to  .... I'm rather light in Africa but there's a heck of a lot of it that just doesn't appeal .. I need something to do or see whilst I'm there , and not just the inside of someone's basement if I went to Somalia  :)

You need to fight Tony.

Yeah same as that , trouble is a lot of these places I went to I now have to go back to with the kids as they want to see places that Daddy went to ...

plus I'm finding it harder to find new places I want to go to  .... I'm rather light in Africa but there's a heck of a lot of it that just doesn't appeal .. I need something to do or see whilst I'm there , and not just the inside of someone's basement if I went to Somalia  :)

Africa is a real problem for those of us who want to go to every country. It's just not viable. Somalia is just one of many no-go destinations for me in Africa. Central African Republic, Liberia, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, South Sudan..... There are just too many places that require the risk reward balance to be tipped in the wrong direction. Same goes for the Mid east sadly. Shame, because Iraq and Afghanistan would be stunning countries to visit. Oh well....

• 1 month later...

England

Scotland

Wales

France

Belgium

Germany

Austria

Slovenia

Slovakia

Hungary

Italy

Spain

Greece

Cyprus

Malta

Romania

Bulgaria

Turkey

Gibraltar

Estonia

Czech republic

Holland

Portugal

Vietnam

Cambodia

Thailand

Hong kong

India

UAE

Usa

Canada

31 in total. Next year hope to add Argentina, peru and chile to my list.

Favourite city - Vienna.

Best women - Tallinn, estonia. Not even close.

Best beer - Italy

Friendliest people - cambodia

Rudest people - Americans. Nothing worse then being on a trip with a group of americans. Rude, loud, obnoxious.

Least favourite country - bulgaria

Best Food - cambodia

Worst food - czech republic

Edited by donnie

Â