Royal Pregnancy

Richard

Stacks of goodwill towards the Royals at the moment, no doubt the media will conspire to piss that away with nine months of sustained, inane commentary that no one in their right mind could possibly give a shit about.

stacks of goodwill? Really ? Doesn't seem to be evident on this thread. Some of the views are pretty repugnant. Royalist or anti royal, some of these are uncalled for
  • Like 1

stacks of goodwill? Really ? Doesn't seem to be evident on this thread. Some of the views are pretty repugnant. Royalist or anti royal, some of these are uncalled for

I have no issue with the Royals, quite like then to a degree. Its the media spunkfest that irritates me.

No doubt I feature in this but which views do you actually find repugnant and why?

Your views on royalty are disgusting, Bicks. Some of the things you've said about The Beatles are simply unacceptable.

• Like 3

A positive side effect of her pregnancy is that she'll no longer be challenging Karen Carpenter in the looks department

Indeed. She needs a regular infusion of fried egg and bacon sarnies.

stacks of goodwill? Really ? Doesn't seem to be evident on this thread.

Any recent opinion poll you care to look at reflects an overwhelmingly positive public view of the Monarchy, OT isn't a great barometer of broader public opinion in my experience!

Some of the views are pretty repugnant. Royalist or anti royal, some of these are uncalled for

Labelling the views of others as repugnant is dodgy territory imo and reflects a certainty in one's own opinion that doesn't allow for dissent and debate - rarely a constructive position.

Then again as a 'xenophobic closet racist' with morally repugnant views... I probably would say that. ;)

Labelling the views of others as repugnant is dodgy territory imo and reflects a certainty in one's own opinion that doesn't allow for dissent and debate - rarely a constructive position.

No of course there is room for dissent and debate I am not disputing that, but just that some of the views posted I find to be repugnant. I do not dispute people's right to hold them, but I do not like them. Afterall if you are saying I cannot hold the view that they are repugnant, then are you not doing what you accuse me of ;-) ?

Of course you aren't , neither of us are

What I do think is dodgy territory is for me to start naming posters whose views I find repugnant. That would smack of post on poster and I don't want to go there.

Anyway, back on topic. Glad to see that she is now recovering from the sickness she was having and I hope that they both have a healthy baby and safe pregnancy.

Anyway, back on topic. Glad to see that she is now recovering from the sickness she was having and I hope that they both have a healthy baby and safe pregnancy.

I'd like to think that regardless of views on the Monarchy, most people would share that sentiment.

Unconfirmed reports that the nurse who put the hoax call through has committed suicide

I hope the 2 events aren't related but if they are then the Aussie presenters must be feeling rather distraught about now

Edit :

why didn't I read the post above mine ...D'oh

Â