Royal Pregnancy

Richard

Have some respect, you have know idea what was going through her head. Depression is an illness that takes down anyone, it doesn't care whether you have kids or not. Selfish yes, i feel sorry for all those involved as I have a very close relative who has battled depression in the past and who tried to take his own life despite having what seemed a very good life. You never know what's going on inside though.

• Like 3

Is suicide a reasonable consequence for a prank call?

As in, how accountable can you hold the radio station for something like this?

I'm guessing the nurse was probably a very sensitive person to begin with, also maybe from a cultural background where one's compromised honor is enough to drive them to suicide. She was being ridiculed by the entire world, after all. It would be a lot of stress for a headstrong person to deal with, let alone somebody more fragile. Very sad.

The Royal Family can **** off as far as I'm concerned, so one of them is up the duff, so what ? Why do we have to hear and read about it ad nauseam? I don't see what single positive impact they have anymore on the average person. They need us more than we need them.

Makes you wonder what is the hospital's policy and procedure on giving out information over the phone. This is the same approach used by newspapers to find out sensitive and personal information on people, recently criticised by Leveson. Perhaps we'll hear a bit more about this aspect of things, as well.

The nurse was obviously taken out by Agents. The true story has been D-noticed...

;)

On a serious note, the radio station and it's hosts are rocket polishers. You never know what state someone else is in, mentally or physically, so doing something like this is deeply, deeply irresponsible, foisting such pressure and public notoriety on a person.They can't have expected it, but they put the woman in this position, they should reap what they sowed.

words removed.

I'd argue that if you're of the mental mind set that you're going to commit suicide over a prank call then you're not in a position to be working in a high pressure environment like a hospital.

Surely if she was so depressed that a prank call drove her over the edge then questions should be asked as to why this wasn't picked up on, because frankly if I was in hospital I wouldn't want anyone so fragile responsible for looking after me.

Feel pretty sorry for the DJs; I can't be the only one who found it amusing, and no one could have predicted those consequences. They shouldn't be held responsible for a huge over-reaction. If anyone is to blame (if) then it would be the hospital or British media.

Â