Royal Pregnancy

Richard

I'd argue that if you're of the mental mind set that you're going to commit suicide over a prank call then you're not in a position to be working in a high pressure environment like a hospital.

Surely if she was so depressed that a prank call drove her over the edge then questions should be asked as to why this wasn't picked up on, because frankly if I was in hospital I wouldn't want anyone so fragile responsible for looking after me.

So do you not think that the embarrassment of what has happened plus getting hounded by her colleagues/bosses and the attention from the despicable words removed that make up our media/press would not be quite stressful in the least?

So do you not think that the embarrassment of what has happened plus getting hounded by her colleagues/bosses and the attention from the despicable words removed that make up our media/press would not be quite stressful in the least?

No. I don't.

I think compared to any of the countless incidents that can happen on a hospital ward at night it ranks pretty lowly on the stress levels. Right next to accidentally putting salt on your weetabix or forgetting to turn the tv off when you leave the house.

So things you are trained for and learn to cope with on the ward are the same as your life getting turned upside down as all the worlds attention (not just this country) is focused on you, you lose your job and the press hound you. Your saying that is the same?

So things you are trained for and learn to cope with on the ward are the same as your life getting turned upside down as all the worlds attention (not just this country) is focused on you, you lose your job and the press hound you. Your saying that is the same?

That's a whole lot of hyperbole there. Got a source on the whole "you lose your job and the entire world is hounding you" thing? Because everything I've read says the hospital were supporting her and that no disciplinary action was planned. Especially as she never actually did anything other than passing the call to someone else who did actually reveal Kate's situation.

Never mind.

Well what you read is just as much as hyperbole as what I had written as no one knows what was due to happen to her. Working for the health services and knowing how the top brass operate I have a fairly solid idea of what would have happened to her.

For what exactly? Answering a ringing phone that it wasn't her job to answer, and then doing nothing else other than passing the call onto someone else to deal with?

I'm struggling to see what exactly she could be disciplined for here. If she was actually the nurse that started giving out Kate's condition then yeah, her career might well have been over, but seeing as she never actually did anything but pass on a phone call to someone else? I doubt it.

What I read came from quotes from the hospital and the palace, please tell me how that equates the same level of hyperbole as your "she lost her job"?

The Royal Family can **** off as far as I'm concerned, so one of them is up the duff, so what ? Why do we have to hear and read about it ad nauseam?

Its the world media thrusting it on us not the Royal Family.

No. I don't.

I think compared to any of the countless incidents that can happen on a hospital ward at night it ranks pretty lowly on the stress levels. Right next to accidentally putting salt on your weetabix or forgetting to turn the tv off when you leave the house.

But people find different things stressful, and vary enormously in their reactions. It's not an objective thing at all.

Feel pretty sorry for the DJs; I can't be the only one who found it amusing, and no one could have predicted those consequences. They shouldn't be held responsible for a huge over-reaction. If anyone is to blame (if) then it would be the hospital or British media.

I don't think anyone is to blame. This woman must have been mentally very fragile to not be able to put things in to perspective to the extent of taking her own life and no one was to know that. I feel so sorry for her and her family.

I'm struggling to see what exactly she could be disciplined for here. If she was actually the nurse that started giving out Kate's condition then yeah, her career might well have been over, but seeing as she never actually did anything but pass on a phone call to someone else? I doubt it.

Well, for example if answering the phone was part of her duties, if the hospital had clear procedures on identifying callers before giving information or passing calls on, and if she had been specifically trained in this, there might be a disciplinary case.

But if the hospital have no clear procedures on personal information, if calls can be taken at random by anyone passing, if staff haven't been trained in the importance of confidentiality, then the management would have questions to answer.

That's a lot of ifs.

the management would have questions to answer.

I think this is really the only thing that matters.

The facts we know are that there was no receptionist working at those hours, that a duty nurse answered the phone, and passed the call onto another nurse, who then revealed confidential information to an unverified caller. I think a major part of the problem is if you're not usually the one answering phones, and the Queen phones up, do you want to be the one that goes "Excuse me Ma'am, but can I just verify that you are the Queen". I think that without a doubt the bulk of responsibility falls to management. How did they not have someone manning the phones when they had Kate bloody Middleton staying there. Everyone knows what the press is like in this country, and not to have something in place to prevent exactly what happened from happening is beyond stupid.

Heads should roll, but not the front line staff that were outside of their job roles, but the people responsible for putting them in that position in the first place.

If anything this is another argument against the aggressive level of cuts hospitals are facing, an actual receptionist working reception would have no doubt prevented this.

I strongly suspect that there's far more to this than we know. The timing could well be coincidental, she's not even the person who gave out any information, she just picked up the phone and forwarded a call.

If anything this is another argument against the aggressive level of cuts hospitals are facing, an actual receptionist working reception would have no doubt prevented this.

But this hospital isn't facing cuts. It's strictly for those with a lot of money.

London's foremost private hospital

We deliver the highest standards of private medical care in London, supported by outstanding nurses, first class staff and hand picked consultants, all of whom are recognised leaders in their fields.

King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes has been delivering high quality healthcare since 1899 and is located in the heart of London's West End. With over 58 en-suite, private, air conditioned rooms, we aim to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Â