Royal Pregnancy

Richard

Suicide? Pah. Probably taken out by an avenging royal hit squad.

Seriously though, an unfortunate overreaction. I'd have sold my story to the tabloids and dined out on the story for years.

I don't care about any of this but supposedly the woman that was involved in taking the radio prank call at the hospital has commited suicide..

Heads will roll at the radio station if true!

You would also wonder whether the hospital had dealt with it sympathetically or given her a hard time.

Suicide? Pah. Probably taken out by an avenging royal hit squad.

Seriously though, an unfortunate overreaction. I'd have sold my story to the tabloids and dined out on the story for years.

i suspect a lot of people would as well , but i guess not all people are the same , we have a lady in our office who panics every time she has to put a signature on something , she witnessed a mortgage arrangement for the girl who works opposite her then went home and stayed awake all night in panic and asked in the morning is she could be removed as the witness ... ok it didn't drive her to suicide but her reaction really wasn't rational and something most people would give a seconds thought to

Actually I DID find the prank quite funny, if only because it was such an obviously bad comedy Queen impersonation. I did notice that the woman answering didn't sound British, so possibly not au fait with what to expect. That's a training failure.

Those 2 Dj's have suddenly stopped tweeting how funny and amazing the prank was.

Was all fun and games, but giving out personal information is is strictly forbidden. I would hate to think what kind of shit this nurse got for leaking out info about the royal family.

One of the Dj's @MelGreigHot30 has just deleted her twitter. **** coward.

Is suicide a reasonable consequence for a prank call?

Not at all.

As in, how accountable can you hold the radio station for something like this?

It will depend on whether they are in breach of their regulator's guidelines on this, but clearly they have breached guidelines before. If they are in breach, their current status of being "on probation" suggests they will get hammered.

As in, how accountable can you hold the radio station for something like this?

surely the answer as with all things nowadays is it depends on how outraged Stephen Fry is .....

the DJ's probably feel guilt about now but I don't think they should be held accountable for her death , and i hope they aren't now hounded by the media and public and feel compelled to take drastic action themselves

Also wonder whether our press had been trying to find out who took the call, and whether there was any harassment from them, as in so many other cases.

that was my first thought when i heard the news if I'm honest ....

Hope the two DJ'S are dismissed

Why?

the DJ's probably feel guilt about now but I don't think they should be held accountable for her death , and i hope they aren't now hounded by the media and public and feel compelled to take drastic action themselves

I agree with you.

Oh dear, pretty brutal. Those DJs who made the call are gonna feel terrible for a long time now. However I think the blame should lie with the media for making a mountain out of a molehill. It wasn't a big deal at all, but the Daily Mail et al condemned the hospitals mistake as if it was some kind of massive national disgrace.

Â