Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I don't particularly like the inclusion of Holman if we're continuing to play 4-2-3-1 like I think we are. Too much inconsistency from him to hold the ball against a side like Reading to really break them down. Then again, he might surprise me and perform admirably. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I think we could get the 3 points, but I'm afraid we still won't be able to take advantage of the attacking third. Cue more long balls up to Benteke and half chances on the break.

You said that last year.

Wrong!

No you are right. We were nowhere near relegation last year at all.Nor this year. Our team of League One standard players and egotistical manager will keep us up playing that great, passing game.

Very strange that Ireland has been dropped after being one of our better players against Man Utd and Man City. Wonder if Lerner wants him off the wage bill in Jan too.

Well we won't want to be paying his £70,000 a week in the Championship.....

Very strange that Ireland has been dropped after being one of our better players against Man Utd and Man City. Wonder if Lerner wants him off the wage bill in Jan too.

You don't put players in the shop window by not playing them.

Not sure how someone being dropped is down to Lerner wanting to sell? Surely PL has enough control to pick his own team?

No you are right. We were nowhere near relegation last year at all.Nor this year. Our team of League One standard players and egotistical manager will keep us up playing that great, passing game.

Well we won't want to be paying his £70,000 a week in the Championship.....

You said we would go down last year, we didn't.

Thank god people know why players are not playing, saves the manager from explaining.

It's bizzare isn't it.. almost like all the higher earners are out even if they are key players..

It's an ego thing isn't it? Either that or orders from above.How can someone like Agbonlahor been kept in the team but a proven goalscorer in Bent left out?

From the BBC:

Camron a Villa fan on text: "Really well done Lambert. You have alienated the only player I was proud to say we had. I will never forgive you for this."

Pathetic, just pathetic.

• Like 1

Shows how much ian Danter knows it just showed Bent on sky walking and smiling in his suit. how embarssing for Danter

I'm not on Twitter, can someone tweet that arsehole and tell him to stop spreading shit about our club.

Easy.....Tactics.

Nah I'm not having that one. He'd at least be on the bench if that was the case. When we need a goal who is better to have on the pitch? Darren Bent or some kid from Chesterfield who even Chesterfield fans thought was shite?

Would've preferred Ireland to Holman, but I'm hopeful. Think Bannan-Westwood has started to develop into a nice balanced base of the midfield and Weimann/Gabby/Benteke can cause problems. Think we were cautious against Arsenal, after the City game, but here we can be a bit more proactive in attack.

The worry is the lack of Vlaar - need Clark to have a big game & it's a tough ask for Baker coming back. Reading have Jason Roberts, who is an experienced head at bullying inexperienced defenders.