Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I agree with those saying this is a must win and I do think we will win.

If we get it bang on, hopefully it could be a bit of a drubbing so I'm going to cross my fingers and toes and say 5-0 to us. :D

I'd play -

-------------Benteke------------

---Agbonlahor---Weimann---

---------Ireland---El Ahmadi--

------------Westwood----------

Stevens---Baker---Clark---Lowton

----------------Guzan-----------

That's if Vlaar is injured. And I'd like to see Bannan get at least half an hour.

We need 3 points minimum, as I see we are back in the bottom 3 following Southamptons win against Newky Broon. Anything less than a win will be a huge disappointment, and the Arsenal performance will count for nothing. Win at all costs!

We will win. It is okay because I have worked out Porl Lambert's tactics. Play well when it is dark, and play porous when it is sunny. As such I think his tactics will be perfectly suited to this evening fixture. This explains the carling cup, man utd and arsenal, but also explains everything else...

Holman showed that his best position is CAM, not out wide. If, for some reason, Lambert won't play Ireland, then Holman is the better option for a game where we need to open up defences, not simply guide the ball around our own half. While Holman is a turnover merchant he is also capable of the odd moment of brilliance and can pressure the opposition midfield better than anyone other than Ireland.

Our attacking balance is also spot on at the moment. With Benteke holding it up and playing the battering ram so well and Weimann/Gabby bombing up and down the flanks I can't see Bent coming into the starting lineup for some time. Benteke has made himself pretty much undroppable and Bent doesn't have the workrate or allround skill to play the role that Andi and Gabby have been playing. So unless we need to change to a 4-4-2 for some reason, I don't think Bent has a specific role in our current formation.

Put KEA on the bench, and Holman into the middle. Westwood and Bannan more than deserve their starting place retained. We've got to get the ball down and play, Reading are playing a quite physical game hence Westwood and Bannan to keep up their impressive passing play. Gabby to score twice, one set piece goal for one of our taller players, reading to pull one back late.