Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

this is our biggest match of the season so far

Win = reason to be positive and we climb out of the bottom 3

Lose = we watch reading climb above us with a game in hand and we realise we cant even beat our relegation rivals

Therefore i am very very nervous and will be shitting bricks during the game

CMON VILLA please just win this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losing this, god forbid, will have a huge affect on the QPR game too. So much added pressure.

I'll be so much more confident about winning against QPR if we win tonight as well.

Which in a way contradicts how I feel about QPR. I'm sort of quietly hopng they win tonight meaning the game against us won't still be a chance at their first win of the season. I feel like if they odn't win tonight they'll be more fired up to beat us.

Which is the opposite of how I feel about us!

One was rained off a couple of years ago.

And wasn't Sunderland's rained off this season?

Plus England's in a brand new stadium a couple of months ago.

Could happen. But we have one of the best pitches in the league so I'd be surprised.

I know, Sunderland's was rained off at the start of the season, that was the joke I was eluding to. It's just pretty difficult to convey sarcasm on here, I'll try harder next time.

I might have a Chicken Dhansak a Peroni and do the match live

You can actually do both, we are in the 21st century

Difficult when you finish work at half 5 and have a 2 hour drive to get to the game, will have to make do with a chicken and bacon sandwich from the M&S services instead. Sure it'll be every bit as nice.

Oh fair enough, is there no way you can knock off early ?

I quite like the Coronation Chicken Sandwhich from M&S though it can get a bit messy if you're driving. The chicken and bacon is probably more manageable.

I know, Sunderland's was rained off at the start of the season, that was the joke I was eluding to. It's just pretty difficult to convey sarcasm on here, I'll try harder next time.

Haha, I should have been able to tell really! ;)

Oh fair enough, is there no way you can knock off early ?

I quite like the Coronation Chicken Sandwhich from M&S though it can get a bit messy if you're driving. The chicken and bacon is probably more manageable.

Not a huge fan of coronation chicken, and as you say, you have to think about how well it's going to hold together as you negotiate your way up the M5.

Anyway, Football; Come on you Viyyyaa!

MASSIVE game as we all know.

We have seen positives in the last few weeks but its all for nothing if we don't win this game. A nice comfortable 3-0 win would be exactly what the doctor ordered.

I'll be shitting it at 20:00 though :(

Blocking filter is fantastic, dont need to read a person who decides to post about 20 one line msgs in the same thread.

Tonights game will be real nervy, but we are at home and its a grim tuesday night so hopefully Reading cant be arsed to play.

A loss will be devasting to say the least, not just for moral but i fear the backlash from some of our supporters/

A backlash would be totally understandable and justified if we lost. That would mean 1 win in the last 10 if Reading beat us which is bloody awful. If we cant beat Reading at home its even worse than I feared

have got to say the usage of this blocking feature is getting a little silly now. It's understandable having a dislike for wind-up merchants and point-scorers, but to block any fan that has a differing opinion to you must make this website incredibly dull. the banter, debates and differing opinions from the members of this site keeps me entertained in the office every day, doesn't just reading the same opinion worded slightly differently 20 times annoy those of you using the feature?

Nope. I don't think people are simply blocking someone with a differing opinion. I personally have blocked people that I find irritating and irrational.

I have loads of ppl on my VT that hold different opinions. That's fine. But then when someone makes a point that they cant backup, then they make the same point over and over, the block feature becomes a godsend.

2-1 villa!

1-0 to Reading at half time

no pressure!

i think i prefer the match thread when people are saying that we'll get torn a new arsehole, all this comfortable victory business is tempting fate a bit too much i think. we're also bookies favourite and lawro said we'll win! plus it's on the telly!

all spells doom for me unfortunately! so just to balance it up so the gods don't think we'r etaking this for granted...

reading are going to tear us a new arsehole, we're shit and we're deffo going down after being hammered tonight.

Anyone else from the South West going up tonight??

I am very tempted to make the treck, but the 2 people I usually go with can't make it and it's a bit daunting going alone (which is sad as I am 29).

I don't have a ticket, will buy one when I get to VP, but I have space in car and free fuel (work pay for it all), so just wandering if anyone else is about??

Could be less than 30k there tonight as Reading have only shifted about 500 tickets

I think your right. Tuesday night, crap weather, two crap teams and the fact the game is on sky could mean a very low turnaout indeed

Anyone else from the South West going up tonight??

I am very tempted to make the treck, but the 2 people I usually go with can't make it and it's a bit daunting going alone (which is sad as I am 29).

I don't have a ticket, will buy one when I get to VP, but I have space in car and free fuel (work pay for it all), so just wandering if anyone else is about??

I am in the same boat as you mate... if you drive up via Northampton I would be interested but that could possibly be very out of your way...