James Chester (Hull City)

GarethRDR

He is an unkown to you - and do you think that Lambert, being a professional football manager and all may have been tracking him for some time, like he did benteke / vlaar / KEA whilst he was at Norwich.

And I'm baffled how you think we have gone backwards and you've been to the games???

Only Benteke has shown signs of promise, KEA has been dreadful and Vlaar has been very patchy. In regrads to going backwards, well we certainly have not gone forwards have we. Goal shy attack, pourous defence and a non existant midfiled, the same problems we had last year, the defence arguably is worse than last season.

Only Benteke has shown signs of promise, KEA has been dreadful and Vlaar has been very patchy. In regrads to going backwards, well we certainly have not gone forwards have we. Goal shy attack, pourous defence and a non existant midfiled, the same problems we had last year, the defence arguably is worse than last season.

You and CI have very short memorys.

I was referring to Lamberts holistic approach to buying raw unproven players with potential

Anyway , Well I don't rate KEA at all, Vlaar will be ok once he has experience around him.

7 of the 12 games we've played so far have been dire, worse than last year IMHO

Not entirely true. We normally capitulate right after half-time, which is where an argument for signing players with more experience could be made.

As for Chester, I've signed him on FM13 and Tord Grip **** loves him so I'm all for this.

The Se7en crap performances -

West Ham (a)

Everton (h)

Southampton (a) *

Norwich (h)*

Spurs (a)

WBA (h)*

Man City (a)

Apart from the odd flash we've been poor to the point of dire in those games

Which of those games did you think we performed well in?

I never said we performed "well" in any of them but I don't think we were dire in the West Brom or Spurs games. We were also fine against Norwich until the unjustified sending off.

Try acting like an adult and actually debating the point.

Not sure how many o's this looool needs, so I've stuck with the four.

You admit to knowing nothing about a player and yet you've written him off, then you expect people to 'debate'? Debate what? Gareth has made some excellent posts in this thread and you have ignored them all.

James Chester may be the next overlooked player in a long list of overlooked players; he may be an excellent player that for whatever reason has not had his chance handed to him yet. He night also be a bit shit. We don't know. But to write him off just because he plays for Hull is frankly **** ludicrous.

Mark Delaney was playing for Carmarthen Town just nine months before we signed him and he went on to enjoy a long and successful Premier League career with Aston Villa. Ian Taylor (I know I trot this one out every time people write off our younger players but it needs constantly restating) was still playing for Moor Green at 24. Would you deny him his chance now, just because he hasn't got Prem experience?

Lamberts policy so far, yes only a third of the season has gone, is worse than the previous managers - fact.

For all the words and sentiment on this board about how we've improved and how well we are playing, quite frankly I've seen very little of it and I've been at most of the opening 12 games.

From those opening 12 games, as shit as it looks at the moment, we are only one point worse off than the corresponding fixtures last season. However, our football has improved significantly on last season.

I can see us picking up more wins than last season with the players we have now. I don't think it's fair to say the football is worse now than it was last season as we never looked like doing anything then, but we do now. The team are inexperienced and still gelling together but I believe this is happening and our performances will continue to improve as the season progresses.

• Like 1

What an utterly stupid post.

• Like 1

Why?

The defence doesn't seem better. KEA hasn't looked great and Vlaar has had good and bad games.

You might not agree with it but I fail to see the overwhelming evidence to say its utterly stupid.

I never said we performed "well" in any of them but I don't think we were dire in the West Brom or Spurs games. We were also fine against Norwich until the unjustified sending off.

The west brom game was ok.

Spurs was poor and Norwich was awful and the sending off was justified.