James Chester (Hull City)

GarethRDR

From those opening 12 games, as shit as it looks at the moment, we are only one point worse off than the corresponding fixtures last season. However, our football has improved significantly on last season.

What data are you using to suggest we only had 10 points across the corresponding fixtures??

As for our football improving significantly ? When? Which games ? Flashes or whole games ?

Not at all.

But someone forming his entire opinion of a player purely by where he's come from without ever having seen them play, and then dismissing a very persuasive argument as to why he shouldn't do that backed up by solid FACTS because those facts were "googled" can absolutely be deemed any of the above.

Negative posters are fine. Posters who metaphorically stick their fingers in their ears and don't even listen to any counter points, whether they have a positive view or a negative view, could fall into the categories you list in your post.

Here you go...

Morpheus, there's no "Lambert wankfest" in here. A grand total of three other people (one of which was CI, anyway) have mentioned Lambert in this entire thread; the only point being made is the absurdity of judging a player one has never actually seen play.

My point is, we can't take many more gambles this season on lower league "potential"

Fellas this is what CI is trying to say and i am in full agreement with him. James Chester could very well be the next Nemanja Vidic but he will still need time to acclimatize and if we're still in the bottom three by the end of January then we need players who will hit the ground running.

Correct Morpheus. I'm even a bit surprised we're looking at another CB as we will soon have Dunne back whose experience will be vital for this relegation scrap.

My point all along is that lambert needs to flex his policy a bit and sign some experienced PL players to bolster the first team as the current crop are clearly struggling.

Why?

The defence doesn't seem better. KEA hasn't looked great and Vlaar has had good and bad games.

You might not agree with it but I fail to see the overwhelming evidence to say its utterly stupid.

Because it was an utterly stupid post.

There was no mention of Gabby already scoring more than he did all last season. There was no mention of Andreas Weimann coming into the fold. There was no mention of Bannan putting in man of the match performances, alongside no mention of some surprisingly good performances from Ashley Westwood. There was no mention of surprisingly good work from Enda Stevens.

It was just another **** negative post only focusing on the poorer aspects of recent performances.

****, I wonder about some of the people on here. If we won the league there would be some on here within three hours of collecting the trophy claiming half the players are shit and the manager is incompetent...

What data are you using to suggest we only had 10 points across the corresponding fixtures??

Oh Jesus **** Christ. The corresponding results from last season!

I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic but here goes:

Match/Venue

Score

Cumulative Points from Matches

2012/13

West Ham AWAY

1-0

0 points

Everton HOME

1-3

0 points

Newcastle AWAY

1-1

1 points

Swansea HOME

2-0

4 points

Southampton AWAY

4-1

4 points

West Brom HOME

1-1

5 points

Spurs AWAY

2-0

5 points

Fulham AWAY

1-0

5 points

Norwich HOME

1-1

6 points

Sunderland AWAY

0-1

9 points

Manure HOME

2-3

9 points

Citeh AWAY

5-0

9 points

2011/12

Wolves AWAY (corresponding finishing position with relegated team)

2-3

3 points

Everton HOME

1-1

4 points

Newcastle AWAY

2-1

4 points

Swansea HOME

0-2

4 points

Blackburn AWAY (corresponding finishing position with relegated team)

1-1

5 points

West Brom HOME

1-2

5 points

Spurs AWAY

2-0

5 points

Fulham AWAY

0-0

6 points

Norwich HOME

3-2

9 points

Sunderland AWAY

2-2

10 points

Manure HOME

0-1

10 points

Citeh AWAY

4-1

10 points

One point better off last season...

Explain ? We didn't play west ham or Southampton

Have you fudged the numbers

You are trolling.

Do you think the season gets six matches shorter each season because of the relegated teams?

Fellas this is what CI is trying to say and i am in full agreement with him. James Chester could very well be the next Nemanja Vidic but he will still need time to acclimatize and if we're still in the bottom three by the end of January then we need players who will hit the ground running.

How do you know if a player will hit the ground running or not?

Especially if like CI you admit to knowing **** all about him...

How do you know if a player will hit the ground running or not?

Especially if like CI you admit to knowing **** all about him...

We knew nothing about any of the players that Lambert has signed yet have they hit the ground running? I mean the last time i looked we're in the drop zone. So it would follow would it not that players not used to the football in our league would struggle to acclimatize right away especially with the added pressure of a relegation battle.