West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

This year's squad is totally dispirited. There's no sense of team unity or common purpose. Everyone knows Jeremy Peace has no intention of taking the Baggies further.

I agree some of the very weak new promotees such as Hull give WBA a bit of a buffer. 

But they're the pride of the midlands, they even had a banner made up to prove it

Truth is, morale seems VERY low at the moment. What a come-down from last autumn!

It just doesn't seem they have ever made a concerted plan to deal with the double-loss of Dan Ashworth and Lukaku.

Absolutely no serious forward planning.

To be honest I don't think it is that easy to plan for losing Lukaku. It's not like they sold him for 20m and wasted the proceeds.

They loaned him as an up and coming talent and he turned out great. This year they have loaned Vydra as an up and coming talent and maybe he will be good as well.

They don't have much money though and are really a championship club punching above their weight so I'd say they are doing pretty well to regularly be finishing in the Premier League the last few seasons, and above us for that matter.

• Like 1

To be honest I don't think it is that easy to plan for losing Lukaku. It's not like they sold him for 20m and wasted the proceeds.

Fair enough. His club record in Holland (or was it in Belgium?) -- if I'm remembering right -- was spectacular before he signed at Chelsea. It was a coup to get him on loan. Right man, right place, right time for both Luka and WBA. Hard to repeat that magically out of the hat.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

I remember Sturridge went to Bolton on loan a few seasons ago and was brilliant. Bolton themselves didn't do too badly either. Of course, once he left they couldn't replace him and were relegated. That's the problem with relying too much on on loan strikers.

I think Ashworth is the biggest loss for them, even more so than Lukaku.

Agreed. However, those that say Albion have no money surely are wide of the mark? They have been in prem a fair few yrs now, must have some money coming in? Peace is just a businessman and doesn't want to spend.

Â