West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

West Brom manager Steve Clarke on striker Nicolas Anelka, who has been given indefinite compassionate leave by the Baggies following the death of his agent Eric Manasse: "There was no big bust up, he didn't storm out. "Retirement? When you're not in a good place those thoughts can come into your mind."I'm not going to deny he mentioned (retirement). He hasn't trained this week (because of a knock). I was preparing team for Everton without him."

OK I think I'll wait 'til something is confirmed, you lot of gossipers :)

West Bromwich Albion are to give Nicolas Anelka an ultimatum over his future, the Express & Star is reporting.The 34-year-old former Arsenal and Manchester City striker has been missing since leaving the club on compassionate leave last Thursday after telling staff he wanted to retire just one game into his Baggies career.Clarke said: "I'm conscious that time is short and it's something I will be trying to address today. We have to arrange a meeting as quickly as we can to get it sorted. I have to sit down and speak to Nicolas."We have to get in touch with him or he has to get in touch with us to see how he is and where he's at. As quickly as possible, we need to have that chat."

Looks like this might turn into a nightmare for the boogies.

thoguh he had a fine game the other day. dont they still have Boaz Myhill

Yes mate. Able back up imo.

Â