The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Well, I know a teacher in a deprived city centre school who asked the kids to write a letter to someone inspirational, 5 young black kids from shit backgrounds picked Ferdinand and each sent him a letter. Just getting them to write them was an achievement in itself.

A week later his PA called and spoke to the teacher to say how moved/grateful and touch he was by the letters and that he had asked them to call. He was too busy to do it himself, so the teacher pushed and asked if he could do anything for them, right back, call, send a signed picture. Anything, the PA said she would speak to him and see what she could do.

That was 3 years ago, they are still waiting.

So to say I disagree with the above post would be an understatement because while he might have something to offer seemingly he is too busy, probably 'mirking' someone or something equally important.

He probably sent the letters to himself, which confused him as to why somebody called Rio was sending him a signed photo, so he replied thanking him to the address it had been sent from and was shocked to get a thank you for the thank you... yeah... thick idiot.

How many businesses do you run?

Well, I know a teacher in a deprived city centre school who asked the kids to write a letter to someone inspirational, 5 young black kids from shit backgrounds picked Ferdinand and each sent him a letter. Just getting them to write them was an achievement in itself.

A week later his PA called and spoke to the teacher to say how moved/grateful and touch he was by the letters and that he had asked them to call. He was too busy to do it himself, so the teacher pushed and asked if he could do anything for them, right back, call, send a signed picture. Anything, the PA said she would speak to him and see what she could do.

That was 3 years ago, they are still waiting.

So to say I disagree with the above post would be an understatement because while he might have something to offer seemingly he is too busy, probably 'mirking' someone or something equally important.

Whilst that's a shame, occasionally, shit happens. Perhaps the message never got to him? These players should not be "forced" into being told models, but in the case of Rio it seems as though it's something he would relish. He seems, without knowing him personally, like a good egg.

That said, none of this has absolutely any bearing on his ability as a player or a role model in the dressing room.

I basically end up hating every club that is unfortunate enough to get Redknapp as their manager.

Which is like kicking someone while they're down really.

Really hope QPR go straight back down.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hope they get absolutely battered this season. It won't make a blind bit of difference to how he's portrayed in the media but it might provide a bit of well-deserved justice considering how they robbed the playoff place. The only thing i dislike more than that shysty tax-avoiding,faux bad-boy-come-good, 'appy go lucky chequebook managing word removed is the fact that he's basically made a career out of failing upwards because the media is full of mockney rocket polishers like him who still think it's the 70s and that the old boys need to stick together,

His son's a f****** nause as well.

• Like 3

Redknapp's record at QPR in the premier league is diabolical

his QPR record is diabolical. they should have romped to the title last season with squad and resources he had

Well yes I agree.

But I was talking about purely statistical. To the untrained eye his record last season would look half decent (i.e. without taking into account the players he had and the wages they paid)

The premier league should be investing Redknapp consistently re-signing players.

Thats not dodge in the slightest!

Perhaps he then sells them houses..... or his dog does....

anny football boss Harry Redknapp and his wife made a £450,000 profit in 10 months by selling a luxury home to one of his new signings.

Portsmouth manager Harry, 59, and Sandra paid £2.4million for the five-bedroom seaside home, which has a swimming pool and cinema, in October 2006.

The mock-Tudor mansion, registered in Sandra's name, was then sold for £2.85million to Pompey's Icelandic defender Hermann Hreidarsson in August just after he signed from Charlton.

Yesterday local estate agent Robert Dunford said the 19 per cent profit in 10 months was extremely healthy. He added: "From October 2006 to the summer of 2007 I would say there was a rise of about eight per cent, an uplift of about £200,000 on a £2.4million property. So to make £450,000 over the same period is very good." Hermann's new home is in Branksome Park, Poole, Dorset, which is fast becoming a footballers' paradise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/portsmouth-boss-harry-redknapp-makes-290999#ixzz3C9s3FED8 

Â