January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Hopefully.

Well his twitter account says "Proud journalist on the daily mirror newspaper" Had a quick look and couldn't find anyone linked to them with the name "ross sheddon".

Quite a bit of the budget freed up with him going so I'd assume the same, and I'm guessing that we're getting something for Hutton's loan too. Two out, two in, simples.

I would hazard a guess that we had to pay off both Hutton and Warnock to leave as their new clubs won't be paying them near the wages that we were. Two out, none in as far as defenders go.

I would hazard a guess that we had to pay off both Hutton and Warnock to leave as their new clubs won't be paying them near the wages that we were. Two out, none in as far as defenders go.

The talk I heard the other day was that Warnock agreed to us not having to pay off his contract in return for us letting him go on a free. Low and behold he is now set to go to Leeds on a free.

SYLLA TO VILLA

Now, I suspect you Villa fans out there are hoping your soon-to-be new signing Yacouba Sylla is a battle-hardened Patrick Vieria clone ready to add some authority to the their club's midfield, as well as possessing the goal-scoring touch of Frank Lampard and the silky skills of David Silva.

Sorry but French football expert Matt Spiro has some bad news: "Yacouba Sylla is an intriguing signing for Aston Villa. He's a big, strong tackler who will certainly add physical presence in the middle of the park, but if Paul Lambert expects him to make an immediate impact in the Premier League he may be disappointed.

"He's only 22 and has never before played in the top flight, making 65 appearances for second-division Clermont. Although he played one game for the France Under-21s, Sylla remains relatively unknown this side of the Channel."

Not ready to make an immediate impact in the Premier League? Sounds to me like he will fit in nicely with the rest of the Aston Villa squad..."

Still better than nothing i suppose..

The talk I heard the other day was that Warnock agreed to us not having to pay off his contract in return for us letting him go on a free. Low and behold he is now set to go to Leeds on a free.

I know Warnock is a pretty dire full back and everything but if he actually agreed to not getting paid the remainder of his 5-6 months here then he's a good man. There are lots of players that would have just run the clock down especially on the money he was getting. 

I know Warnock is a pretty dire full back and everything but if he actually agreed to not getting paid the remainder of his 5-6 months here then he's a good man. There are lots of players that would have just run the clock down especially on the money he was getting. 

He has been doint exactly that for bloody ages. Not as if he's going without really is it, he's just getting paid by Leeds instead of Villa.