January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I reckon a lot of VT would like us to be QPR today, clearly threatening their existence signing tom dick and harry, breaking their wage structure.

Haha

When there's no evidence to have a moan at fans you create a possible situation just to have a dig.

Nice work.

I can not understand this with qpr, surely with their turnover they will be in trouble, maybe they know the rules will be coming in soon and are getting in players before it comes into effect.

They really are just taking the "p" & this is the exact thing UEFA should be targeting in their (apparent) quest .. I mean come on how many does their ground hold? How big is their fan base? & i would love to know what their income to wages ratio is?! Its frankly pathetic... & there's us being squeaky clean & trying to operate within our means etc... No wonder we are where we are.

We are all operating from different rule books by the looks of it so are UEFA going to pay this club 70m when we go down for abiding by their rules?

Is that like a chip shop insult? It's a new one i'll give you that.

Is "Big John" really not in homage to the chip shop chain? I always imagine you sitting at the laptop with a kebab in one hand and a pot of curry sauce in the other :lol:

To be fair even if QPR stay up the shit they will have on their books on huge money will mean they will be in financial trouble if you ask me.

If they have high wages and an owner who pays the bills in due time, how will they be in financial trouble?

Not been on here since leaving work yesterday, and now I hear that we may be the verge of signing someone from France and a centre back? What have I missed?

that we may be the verge of signing someone from France and a centre back :P

• Like 1

Is "Big John" really not in homage to the chip shop chain? I always imagine you sitting at the laptop with a kebab in one hand and a pot of curry sauce in the other :lol:

Sorry to let you down.

It's for the big man John Carew.

So I'm sitting here with a fake back injury surrounded by strippers.

Sorry to let you down.

It's for the big man John Carew.

So I'm sitting here with a fake back injury surrounded by strippers.

Surprised you're never in a better mood then ;) - perhaps it's very draining

I met him once up town - top fella, chatted for ages

Recently said he would come back and play for nothing - would you fancy that?

It is up to QPR what they do. If they have owners that are willing to bank roll them and do all they can to ensure they stay in the Premier League then that is up to them. It is no good us getting all precious about it and it is not as though it is a new phenomenon.

What concerns me is what we do and we simply haven't done enough as things stand to give ourselves a chance of staying up. We have been crying out for at the very least a couple of quality defensive/holding midfielders and a centre back all season. They should have been signed at the start of January but we are where we are. One point from safety. I believe this season can still be rescued but we need to act today to bring in the players needed to help us do that.