January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

One would hope that we've left all our business so late because we're waiting to shift Hutton and Warnock, and the transfers will now come flooding in.

In all seriousness, I think we still could sign a player (Or even two), but it's unlikely.

Why would we want Malouda FFS?  We need a central defender and a central midfielder not a flashy turn it on when he wants winger, we already have one of them.  He would want a fortune.

Those are the priority areas without doubt, but we need experience and Malouda has that. We need creativity and options in midfield, we need to make sure chances are created for our strikers, and it would also be good to take some of the goal scoring burden away from Benteke and Wienman. Malouda could, potentially, bring all of that. 

**** stupid. Lerner comes out and talks but i still have no idea what the **** is going on... 

PL has said "We need 1 or 2 in" 

Lerner is saying "There is limited transfer funds"???

To be fair I think it is clear. We got outbid for a few players (Countinho & that French midfielder). We still have some money and are trying to close a midfield signing or two by the end of the window. Budget is probably ~6million squid.

if we cant find the right players for the price then we wont buy anyone and will roll the dice on staying up.

I think thats what Lerner & Lambert have now said (in effect). Seems clear to me. Not what i want to hear of course, but at least it is clear.

Yep, just Bent, Ireland, CNZ, Given, Dunne and Warnock left to get off the books then Lambert can start bringing in free transfers.

i wouldn't go that far. He can bring in loans not free transfers!

Linked tonight with lee Croft and Juan Quintero..... Quintero would be a bloody good signing but he's an attacking Mid.....

When you say linked, i think you mean 'another twitter bullshitter links us with'

When you say linked, i think you mean 'another twitter bullshitter links us with'

Yeah..... Papers do shite all links nowadays :P Nothing much else to talk about transfer wise... Quintero would be do able too.... Croft would be shite

Linked tonight with lee Croft and Juan Quintero..... Quintero would be a bloody good signing but he's an attacking Mid.....

Just googled Juan Quintero and it came up with this picture..

quintero_juan.jpg

I know we need experience but not that much experience....

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1