January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'm gonna say f88k it.... let's raid Germany.....

Christoph Moritz, Alex Esswien, Stefan Bell and Pirim Schwegler...... Sell Bent, Warnock and Hutton..... Sorted! Shame It doesn't work like that :(

If we are raiding Nuremburg for Esswien, lets get Timm Klose too.

Shiiiiit, this transfer lark is easy. :D

• Like 1

Jeff Hendrick? Irish midfielder who plays for Derby. Mentioned in the Express and Star rumours section.

Asked a mate about him and said on his day he is a fantastic player with a few goals in him, but his form can be quite patchy at times...Well, can't be much worse than any of the other dross in our midfield. 

We really do have a bunch of fucktards in charge if they think that they do not need to sign anyone this window.

Wow and to think I used to brag to others clubs fans about having such a great owner in Lerner.....I am just glad I moved 10 thousand miles from Brum as I only have my own depression to deal with!!

I cannot for the life of me see how Randy doesn't realise that if he acts now we have at least the slightest chance of staying up, no signings means we finish 20th.

Edited by DelboyVilla

Someone on here's said it best the other day Lerner is either thinking 1 of 2 ways

1. He's thinking that we will survive. Based on how shit we were last year and we narrowly survived and the year before when we got bent we went on that great run at the end he prob thinks ah it's ok I don't need to buy anyone they'll survive easy

OR

2. He's thinking ok we get relegated that gives me justification to sell agbonlahor, n zogbia, benteke, bent, given, Guzan, vlaar and anyone else I can make money off and bring in kids to try do a Southampton or a norwich and in few seasons well be back in the prem league.

We have got to all face some facts here Lerner doesn't care anymore after the credit crunch and his divorce and the way we acted with the Mcleish appointment he doesn't give a **** about us anymore. He was happy to have the browns as a mediocre team for many many years before us now all he cares about is handing out wages to players. What he hasn't cou ted on is that we won't take this bull shit like we did with Mcleish and Ellis well protest because come the summer and were down I for one ain't gonna stand for it I'll be calling for lerners head not even an immediate return to the prem league will change that. All we have ever had to hold onto over the years of humiliations and we have faced so many is that we were an ever present team in the premier league and if he takes that away from us he has burnt the very last bridge with the fans and I want everyone from Paul lambert all his coaching staff, Lerner, faulkner and the board all gone total clear out. End of the day these clubs can't run without the fans if no fans show up to games then Lerner is screwed hell have to sell

So Lerner will gladly let players go but won't let any come in FFS!!! Just cause you don't give a shit L£rn£r I happen to give one!! This squad is not good enough we can't defend set pieces so every team now know free kick edge of box or a corner and we crumble!!

I'm my honest opinion randy is happy for us to go down and start fresh get all the players earning over 40 grand off the book and start again but its a dangerous game some teams never recover from going down I think some of these players are not good enough for the championship!

The likes of Newcastle Southampton and QPR all adding to there squad cause they know the TV money next year will pay for January's transfers!! They always see to say oh he has put £250mil in to the club he has still recouped a fair bit I'm sure there was a post on here the other week the average with in's and outs was 15mil a season?

I have never felt so low as a villa fan as I do now!

Wasnt there an interview towards the beginning of Lamberts tenure where he said the Chairman was still willing to pay big wages to the right player? Tell me if i'm wrong. anyone?

and no doubt he is, once all the other big earners are off the wage bill

"Former owner of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, Lerner is happy for Lambert to put faith in young players - there is a feeling in the boardroom that some of the more experienced ones have not pulled their weight this season

Which means the Scot probably won’t be allowed to add to his squad in this transfer window."

Yeah, let's keep playing the shit players which will get us relegated and not purchase any good ones to keep us up. Smart logic. 

Edited by PieFacE

(Posted this in the Millwall match thread)

Lambert persevering with our current back line is like someone insisting on trying to use their newly built Caterham in the snow, even though they have the old land rover that clunks a bit and sometimes loses electrical power, but still runs, sat in the garage. Actually, maybe the Land Rover has a tendency to break down and the wheel sometimes comes off...but even so, there's a good chance that it could brave the current 'storm' better than the younger, faster Caterham..

Warnock and even Hutton to an extent are still players of at least some ability and are both experienced full backs, Warnock especially. Surely they cannot do much worse than what we're doing now...ok, maybe not Hutton as he was bloody awful last year.

Even if the Land Rover isn't reliable enough, why not check the Auto Trader for a cheap 4x4 that can tide you over until the weather picks up.

I've become so disillusioned I'be resorted to stupid metaphors to try and plead the case to the club.

Down like the City, we're going down like the City...

It's Lerner’s money. If he doesn't want to spend it that's his prerogative. You can be angry for his miss management but to throw your toys out of the pram when he refuses to spend more of his own cash after putting £23m in just 6 months ago is childish. The guy doesn't have an endless pit of money to throw away on Aston Villa.

• Like 2

If Lerner wants to change the manager again then I think he's doing the wrong thing. If he's going to fork out lots of wages to RDM and give him the funds he'll demand then I think he might aswell give those money to Lambert and let him have a go until summer. We need stability, not a new manager every 6 months. 

In not about the throwing around of money, I'm even happy with Lerner as our owner, I think he has spent huge amounts on us as a club.

My issue is with Lambert. If he is not prepared to give an experience pro like Warnock a chance ahead of a defence that has conceded about 30 goals in 6 games, he needs to give better excuses than 'we get up an we go again'.

If he genuinely thinks they are up to it, he is mad.

If he wants to buy players and can't, he needs to cut the crap and be honest and say 'I think we need some more players, but the Chairman isn't having any of it'...we are not idiots, well, most of us aren't, we can all see that our problem is at the back, so why try and pretend it's not a problem. I get the feeling that because he knows his job is safe, he doesn't want to anger the chairman, even though he is making the job impossible...

No matter how many goals we score, we will concede more because our defence isn't up to it.

My main issue is with the constant leaked stories to the press about transfer links while the club are trying to sell tickets/half season tickets and then the predictable u-turn when the tickets are sold. As soon as the Bradford game had sold 40,000 tickets, Lambert suddenly says (even though he has been saying he has been looking to bring players in) 'if I have to go with what I've got, I'm ok with that.' (Even though they have conceded nearly 30 goals recently)

Rant over. I genuinely worry about how much worse it can actually get...

Edited by AVFCAM
  • Like 1