January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Anyhow

Would people take the rumoured £13m offer from Newcastle for Bent IF Lerner allowed the money to be reinvested in new players

It's a toughie as potentially we are selling to a relegation rival but on the other hand Bent isn't doing a lot for us about now and 2 or 3 new players might work better for us

• Like 1

Anyhow

Would people take the rumoured £13m offer from Newcastle for Bent IF Lerner allowed the money to be reinvested in new players

It's a toughie as potentially we are selling to a relegation rival but on the other hand Bent isn't doing a lot for us about now and 2 or 3 new players might work better for us

Yes.

They have a much better chance than the other three relegation rivals of staying up, so withholding Bent won't make much difference.

With the Bent money we will improve the squad dramatically and out-point the teams below us.

Newcastle also still have to play QPR and Wigan. With Bent they could beat them and help us out.

Plus, we need the karma after those Villa fans unveiled that "Sob on the Tyne" banner when they were last relegated at Villa Park.

You know it's going to be "Sob on the Villa" next weekend if we are not careful.

Edited by Con

Anyhow

YES

We could reinvest and get Sissoko and De Jong/Aubameyang

YES

We could reinvest and get Sissoko and De Jong/Aubameyang

Having £13million to spend wouldn't affect our stance on getting wages down. I think if you're seriously thinking we're in for Sissoko you are going to be sorely disappointed at the end of the window.

In answer to the question of would I sell Bent to Newcastle, yes, yes I would.

Anyhow

It would depend how quick the sale could be completed and whether we already had deals in the pipeline. It wouldn't be beneficial to sell if we didn't have time to complete any transfers ourselves.

Have faith my pedigree chums!

Today we see the dawn of a new era....

Bradford's bubble will burst in a cloud of shit tonight when we put 6 goals past them. The team will get a nice boost of morale with a cup final on the horizon and we will see 2 new faces in before the window closes. I have no idea who they are or what country they will come from but they will have a wembley cup final as a little bit of bait to attract them.

(give me 10 mins on this one before you ruin it for me please guys).

VTID

no, no to selling bent, not even for £20m

we need 4 top strikers to keep us up and we have that in bent, gabby, andi and benteke, as its been said on here many a time, they all have different attributes, and thats exactly what we need, PL just needs to learn how to utilize them

we need to stay up, by doing that we need to keep our best possible players, let them have delfouneso and make them believe hes good

What makes you think that

The lack of anything even semi-firm in terms of transfers. Nobody knows anything. The fact we're well in to the brown stuff should mean we're working hard on this... yet there are no leaks what so ever.