January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I could understand your comment if ITKs were coming on saying we were signing Wayne Rooney or Lionel Messi but what is your problem with ITKs saying that we will not be making any big money signings and then the Evening Mail and Paul Lambert confirm that a few hours later

HH's ITK's have been spot on so far

He said there is NO money and there will be NO signings PL didnt say anything to confirm that is the case

I've no idea at all what is in Lerners mind

I know ITK's are ridiculed on here but mostly people hear the odd thing which they pass on, never the full story. At the start of the window PL definitely believed he could bring in a number of "decent" players (2 or 3?) - he was asked to submit a list of quite a few names and PF went to work on it. The only name I know we enquired about was Sissoko but wage demands were far too high.

For some reason things changed yesterday and PL was told that there is no money for the £5m-type signings he thought we would bring in. Reading between the lines, I think there may be funds to bring in a couple of £1-2m players or loanees but PL may not want to do that because he needs players who can make an immediate impact

I really don't believe that they are waiting until after the Bradford game to sack Lambert but who knows

I also don't know why PL doesn't walk. I don't think he is here for the money personally more for the challenge and the opportunity. It could be that Lerner has convinced him to buy into the financial plan but he looks like a man on the edge to me. It wouldn't surprise me if we struggle tomorrow and Tuesday if he went but i think that would be his decision not RL/PFs

Whatever, what a mess our club is in at the moment

Agree with you concerning your last sentence.

If Lambert was informed by the board that he could bring in at least two players in the 5m range and then that was resinded, to no money at all available, i'd be checking to see if my name on the office door had also been removed?

It looks very like a no confidence vote to me if all this is true and it could be determined as a very under hand way of trying to push the manager out?

No-one really knows what happened with MON but the circumstances seem similar in that the funding was withdrawn albeit for slightly different reasons.

Edited by Morpheus

Just watched Blamberts Sky interview, he is in need of charisma by pass, FFS, what an absolute dreary doom merchant. His body language and answers say it all, he knows he has a task that is beyond him and the players he has presently, RL doesn't give a rats, so that equals Championship with no new signings to boost the wafer thin, over stretched under performing squad.

I could understand your comment if ITKs were coming on saying we were signing Wayne Rooney or Lionel Messi but what is your problem with ITKs saying that we will not be making any big money signings and then the Evening Mail and Paul Lambert confirm that a few hours later

In all honesty HH has been a perpetual motion of there is no money, but RL may change his mind, in which case, they may be money to spend. Surely the outcome of such statements is of importance, come the close of the transfer window. Being two; "No money spent" or "Money spent". Therefore there is 100% certainty that they will either be players brought in or there will be no players brought in. Either way HH will say well "I told you so, I am ITK, bow before me".

He may well be ITK, but what is the point of giving such information "there is no money but there might be some if RL changes his mind". The outcome is the same (money spent or no money spent).

This is known to all, privy to information or not.

Furthermore, to not only give the information but to argue and debate, round and round, of the information being correct, when as previously stated the outcome of his information will be a 100% certainty.

For that reason, The Gent is out

• Like 3

He said there is NO money and there will be NO signings PL didnt say anything to confirm that is the case

I don't know how, but HH is close to PL and I believe what he is saying.

What I do know is that

- PL was lead to believe he could bring in 2 or 3 "decent" players during the window who would be first-teamers

- He gave a list of names to PF

- PF enquired about a few (Sissoko is the only name I heard and he wanted silly money)

- Yesterday PL then was told that the funds would not be forthcoming for those 2 or 3 players

Could things change during the next 10 days - you can decide that for yourself

I think we were all fully aware that we weren't going to sign another £20m player like Bent. And PL's comments today have confirmed that.

For me he hasn't ruled out signings completely - I still think we will bring in a couple of players of a similar value to what we got during the summer - like Vlaar or Lowton. Lambert certainly hasn't ruled that out.

Just to change the subject slightly.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a club came in for Bent within the last five days of the window with a very low bid of say 6m. What would any club have to lose? Media is reporting that the manager wants to sign players but hasn't got the finances to do it.

Question is would we sell at that price and would Lambert be given the proceeds to strengthen as he sees fit?

What I do know is that

- PL was lead to believe he could bring in 2 or 3 "decent" players during the window who would be first-teamers

- PF enquired about a few (Sissoko is the only name I heard and he wanted silly money)

- Yesterday PL then was told that the funds would not be forthcoming for those 2 or 3 players

In other words

"We wont be signing any decent players this transfer window, but that may change and we might sign some decent players"

You would bode well in the house of commons, my friend.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

To not spend any money this window would be an act of total lunacy and offense that would require serious analysis for sectioning. Is Lerner that menatally unstable? Who knows, 13 days and counting and I still think we'll make two signings.

• Like 1

What I do know is that

Why would Lambert come out with such praise for Lerner this morning then - basically saying they're best pals despite the fact Lerner is changing the goal posts on him. Why is he not furious?

Just watched Blamberts Sky interview, he is in need of charisma by pass, FFS, what an absolute dreary doom merchant. His body language and answers say it all, he knows he has a task that is beyond him and the players he has presently, RL doesn't give a rats, so that equals Championship with no new signings to boost the wafer thin, over stretched under performing squad.

Support your club and pay for AVTV. The interview I watched was a smiling manager, who cracked a few jokes.

I imagine from your name you could be all over the world. If you are gonna watch the Villa through the eyes of Sky you will be constantly dissapointed.

AVTV - It's shit but it's Villa!!!

To not spend any money this window would be an act of total lunacy and offense that would require serious analysis for sectioning. Is Lerner that menatally unstable? Who knows, 13 days and counting and I still think we'll make two signings.

I'm not so sure - I thought Chelsea got lucky against us, Tottenham was one of those days every team goes through them. Wigan was a sucker punch, we bossed the Swansea game and got robbed at the end. Cup ties are a great leveller and the ref had a shocker against Southampton