January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'm not looking to cause an argument but would a CB equivalent of Lowton see any game time? i.e. would he get in ahead of Baker and Clark? and that's assuming Vlaar and Dunne are not available. I can't see us being able to spend sufficient to buy the equivalent of Baker or Clark from another club - not as I think they are great!

Same with a Trotter or Stephens - I don't know them but are they good enough to command a first team place?

I really hope that we strengthen midfield but it is not looking good

Vlaar and Dunne are in the squad for tomorrow, though i doubt Dunne will feature.

I've a feeling Dunne will have allot of fans come the end of the season. If we are to stay up i think he will have a big hand in it.

I'm not looking to cause an argument but would a CB equivalent of Lowton see any game time? i.e. would he get in ahead of Baker and Clark? and that's assuming Vlaar and Dunne are not available. I can't see us being able to spend sufficient to buy the equivalent of Baker or Clark from another club - not as I think they are great!

Same with a Trotter or Stephens - I don't know them but are they good enough to command a first team place?

I really hope that we strengthen midfield but it is not looking good

As for Stephens getting in the team - HAVE YOU SEEN OUR MIDFIELD!!!??

Just watched the SSN interview - anyone who doesn't think PL is not giving his all should take a look

He must be so **** off - thinking he might get the likes of Sissoko and now knowing that a couple of kids from League 1 might be out of our price range

It does make you think what other constraints Lambert is working under - they are hiding behind Lambert IMO

I can't figure what must be going through Lerner's mind - this is our premiership future he is gambling with

Just watched the SSN interview - anyone who doesn't think PL is not giving his all should take a look

He must be so **** off - thinking he might get the likes of Sissoko and now knowing that a couple of kids from League 1 might be out of our price range

It does make you think what other constraints Lambert is working under - they are hiding behind Lambert IMO

I can't figure what must be going through Lerner's mind - this is our premiership future he is gambling with

You can't figure out what's going on in Lerner's mind. That's the last straw...I thought you were ITK...I'm done with you :(

Wages down to £50mill and no big money deals is what's he's dealing with while trying to construct a team.

Derek Boateng and James Chester at the very least please... that would cost 4-5m altogether! Surely we would have that!

Does the club have the money? No!

Does the chairman have the money? Yes, but he won't invest at the moment.

Seems to me his story changed as the facts changed

Sounds very much like any management hierarchy. One week my boss will tell me we have the OK to buy some new servers and spend a few grand, the next week it's off the menu.

I don't think any of those players are going to improve us in our current position but if Lerner is refusing to fund expenditure in this window and there isn't any money then where would we get the money to buy those players you mention in the first place?

There really can't be any halfway house in this window. Either Lerner backs the manager to allow him to improve on what we have or not at all. There is absolutely no point in buying more players with the same qualities that we already have as we'll only add to the list of players we can't get rid off.

If you listen to Lambert's interview, he says there will be no big money buys - in this context, by "big money" I think he means decent £5m-type signings with corresponding wages that he was lead to beleive at the start of the window were possible

My understanding is that there would be limited funds to bring in a couple of loan signings or maybe £1m league 1 players but would they improve the first XI - probably not. For example a Lowton-type CB would end up fifth choice so how would that help us

I just can't figure Lerner out - £10m doesn't seem a huge gamble when he could lose ten times that much if we are relegated

I told you all last week there wasn't money for a big money signing - the next day Lambert came out and said anyone who thought a £6m signing would be arriving was living in dreamland. True?

It then looked as though there would be money for a couple of new faces and then I discovered there wasn't hence why I said there wasn't and once again it was more or less confirmed today.

It isn't great news but don't have a pop at me for bringing it to your attention!

It's just odd that the story from Villa is changing day by day. After the Soton game Lerner was prepared to fund a couple of players to sort us out, and this was reported in all the papers. Now this has once again changed to no money at all. It just seems weird that the goalposts keep moving. I'm just not sure if Lerner is as indecisive as I think he is, or if it's all just a load of crap.

I'm not an ITK-hater. I actually enjoy hearing snippets from people who claim to be ITK. It's not as if it makes any difference to what actually happens in the end anyway.

No offence intended by the way on my earlier post.

My thinking was if the worst happens ie lose to WBA and don't get past Bradford, Lerner pulls trigger new man in and a week of window left to get through £20 to £30m

How much do you think to pay off Lambert and recruit a new manager?

One reason, only one and not the main one by any stretch, why it is madness to get rid of Lambert. Just compounds the mistakes made over the last few years. Mind you given past Lerner actions and total cock ups nothing would surprise me