January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Over 80k pw for a foreign player who barely gets into his own team is a giant risk. Stop twisting it. It's well known QPR throw big wages at players.

Twisting what? You called him a mercenary.

Do you really think if another team had offered Westwood a lot more money than we were he still would have joined us?

I actually cringe every time we sign a player these days in fear of another nail in the coffin.

Sure Westwood & Benteke have huge potential and Lowton looks decent when we have our confidence back, they could prove to be good value for the future. its the trend before these that still worry me.

we need experience in who can "hit the ground running" and hope they don't be come the freeloaders we have had to endure in recent times.

Edited by TRO

Mvila in London will probably not be able to handle it as seems a fragile character, a move to a smaller city out of spotlight would have done hime well. as for Remy he is just another Djibril Cisse

Harry Redknapp is such a hypocrite. Comes to QPR, moans about the regime of players picking up huge wages, then signs a foreign player who is having a poor season and offers £80k a week to him.

That's because he's a dick. I am suprised he has not told the rest of the world what business other clubs are doing yet!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Ill be probably be criticised for this comment.

But i like Harry Redknapp. I like how he speaks to the media and gives an insight to management. Its refreshing. Hes a dick but he makes me laugh.

Say what you like about these two players or manager.. but we would of dreamed to see this in the paper.

HARRY REDKNAPP last night sealed a shock £15million swoop for France stars Loic Remy and Yann M’Vila.

ARSENAL are lining up a move to nick West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame.

So whos left? Sissoko? Probably goto Liverpool. I hope Lambert has a good one ready... whos a good DM in the championship.......?

For now we need to stop leaking goals I would like:

Heitinga for our defender just what we need now as he has prem experience, it is very much a realistic target.

Im still unsure about a defensive mid, we DEFINATLY need one but every player I think of who we can realisticly get under a tight budget just has something about them that just makes me not want to see them in a villa shirt... karl henry for example.

If Lambert does manage to sign two decent players and stop the rot and we do survive, with this new bumper payrise we would get from being in the prem shoukld be reinvested.

Lambert should defo then next season make one marquee signing, someone who will get villa park rocking again and that in my opinion would come in the Creative/Attinking midfielder role. Someone like Dzagoev I think he is very impressive he would probably cost a maximum of £13mill.

Then just sign some cheap quality squad players to add depth.

But that is me dreaming :D

For me we need to buy a centre back, centre mid, AND a left and right winger.

As for who they could I will only pick English based players as not everyone knows every player from every league in the world!

I can't name you a right winger because well I'm not a scout and one doesnt come to mind however

I'd take Lescott, Huddlestone and bring Downing back and heres why.

Firstly we wont need to play 5 at the back bringing Lescott in and having Vlaar, Clark and Dunne allows us to have some good centre backs, Huddlestone is slow but he can also play at centre back, he can pass very well, has a good tackle and will be good in the air for corners at both ends of the ground.

Downing hasnt become a bad player all of a sudden bring him back to familiar suroundings, give him a bit of love and play him every game and I believe he will be the player he was after his first half season with us (the year he was injured until christmas)

This frees us to play N'zog in the middle to if we like or behind the strikers it also allows us to play Benteke AND Bent upfront our strikers are excellent at the club right now and they are both good in the air and will score plenty of goals in a 442 with wing play.

Again also it allows us to play gabby off the shoulder of a defender he isnt going to score goals if he isnt playing in this position and that is why he isnt scoring.

Most will probably disagree with me but with these players I believe not only would we survive but relitively we would thrive I would go as far as saying if Lerner said you cant spend money in the summer I would agree to it as we wouldnt do badly the next year and Lambert could continue with his youth policy and only bringing in young players to the club with sell on values and again good prices

Not really... Remy has been shite this season.....

M'vila is a petulant brat who believes his own hype too much and thinks he is amazing.... Good players on their day yes BUT they have to adjust to a new league at a time where their team needs them to be firing now..... M'vila was crap for France at the Euro's... Arsenal could have had him before but his attitude stinks!!!

Also need I remind everyone that Makoun came from France in the Jan window and it didn't work out... this is a player with more games at a very high level under his belt that Remy and M'vila put together.....

not picking on you but both m'vila and remy would be a massive step up on all of our players.

massive.

Edited by Christ_JM

Reports now is that Forren is probably signing for soton, why aren't we in for this guy? I fail to understand why 4million for international quality is too hard on PL's "finances", he'd prob want around 20k in wages.

Reports now is that Forren is probably signing for soton, why aren't we in for this guy? I fail to understand why 4million for international quality is too hard on PL's "finances", he'd prob want around 20k in wages.

? Thought he was going to Liverpool or Everton?

Had a bit of trouble sleeping last night and had a long think about which players we could possibly sign. I came up with these to, Johnny Howson and Curties Davies.

Howson aint playing that much for Norwich (dont know if hes been injured?), Lambert has bought him before. Wouldnt cost the world, probably cheap wages. Has Premier League experience.

Davies has Premier League experience, would have a point to prove having being shipped out from Villa previous, maybe he still hold a grudge towards Villa who knows and is not willing to move here? I believe he has done rather good in the championship this season. Would probably be rather cheap, wages maybe 20000£/week?

This is not players of my choice, just two I could se Lambert try to sign. Uninspiring.

I like all the talk about player x who is good the Championship...

That's just what we need, players who are good in the championship.

Most clubs who are promoted but don't replace their players who were good in the championship get relegated.

I want to see players with experience of a league that shows the same quality as the PL. although no money grabbers like QPR have gone for since they were promoted.

No disrespect meant to the Championship, but isn't buying from the lower leagues what has gone us into this mess?

I have to say if we bring back players like Curtis Davies we are well and truly screwed. He looked good for us when he played with Laursen, enough said. A Championship grade player who looks, well.......good in the Championship.

I still can't believe we flogged Cahill for £5.5m and then spent £10m on Davies, no wonder we are in this mess.