January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

He has a 1 in 3 record in France, not prolific really in a league that isn't that good, he gets linked everywhere every window but qpr problem isn't that they cant score, its that they don't create anything to score from. Remy will only be as dangerous for them as the players that support him. He would fit in much better at Newcastle imo.

He hasn't been good this season. From a betting man like myself I don't bet on them this season because of him.

I'd go for broke and make big wage offers for Huth and Hangelannd.

FYI, I think, I thiiiiink... we can't do big wages anymore. I know it hasn't been widely publicised that we have had a wage issue, but there you go.

:rolleyes:

I want us to stay up badly but like previously stated, I do not want us to panic buy and end up with another Makoun, Ireland or someone. I would rather we were patient and Lambert got the players he actually wants. Mistakes in the market have caused this (a long with other things), and we don't want to repeat them. Lambert knows who he wants, its just a case of if or when we get them in. Otherwise I see us going with what we've got, rather than signing someone for the sake of it. Fingers crossed we get the players in we need to stay up and build for the future!

This.

I agree that we should be very careful in who we bring in going forward. But, we do need to bring in players who can have an immediate impact and yet still be part of our building. We don't want someone who can help keep us up and then not feature in our plans beyond May. Wages and all that. It's getting that balance right for the club which I imagine is the tricky thing. Hence no signings yet.

Edited by Tayls

I'd try and loan in out of favour Premier League squad players like Wilson Palacios, who should have a point to prove when coming to us.

Can't see it happening, though. I think there's a philosophy from the board that Lambert has brought into, and certain restrictions that we're not 100% aware of. I just wish the club would let us fans know what their plans for our club are.

Yes he's instantly going to be a success in a league he's never played in.

Let QPR pay him 70grand a week, if they go down they are even more ****!

If you think a player of his quality will not improve them then your deluded

Look at their current striking options Jamie Mackie and Cisse? This signing will do nothing but help their relegation hopes

Lets face it if he were coming here people would be creaming themselves

I'm sure QPR fans won't be complaining about his wages if it meant it could be the difference between them staying up or not

At least they are having a gamble and being proactive about things

Edited by AshVilla

I'd try and loan in out of favour Premier League squad players like Wilson Palacios, who should have a point to prove when coming to us.

Can't see it happening, though. I think there's a philosophy from the board that Lambert has brought into, and certain restrictions that we're not 100% aware of. I just wish the club would let us fans know what their plans for our club are.

Yes Lerner says he isn't paying the wages for other teams players which is fair enough. I took this as a positive, I.e. he is prepared to spend cash on new signings and were a bigger club than loan signings.

in a realistic world, nobody ever needs to earn £80k per week, taxation is high, but not that high to need to earn that sort of money, especially when you only work 90 minutes a week, its not like footballers do anything worth while or world changing to deserve it, like solve the economy? clear world debt? pay into 3rd world countries? ok, a few footballers from the peasant countries have done that, and maybe ticket prices would be cheaper too if these thick pri madonna 'footballers' werent on such high wages, i disagree with having to pay more than a tenner to watch only 90 minutes, i might go watch redditch united

anyway, what im trying to say now that ive got that off my chest, is that if we want top players, we have to give into their agents demands (lets be honest do players think for themselves they that thick) footballers still need to prove theyre worth what theyre being paid, and currently, the high earners at this club arent even good enough to clean the youth kids boots

If you think a player of his quality will not improve them then your deluded

Look at their current striking options Jamie Mackie and Cisse? This signing will do nothing but help their relegation hopes

Lets face it if he were coming here people would be creaming themselves

I'm sure QPR fans won't be complaining about his wages if it meant it could be the difference between them staying up or not

At least they are having a gamble and being proactive about things

I didn't say he wouldn't improve them, he obviously would because they are shit upfront.

You said that its them out of the drop zone, its not that simple.