January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

RE: Henke - he won't be leaving till at LEAST February according to Mr Kendrick, and his departure will not affect any potential he has scouted for this window.

RE: Offering players 'big wages' to come in and save us - that will just keep us in the loop we're all constantly complaining about. We can't be offering 'proven premiership players' a shit load of money to come in and stop us from being relegated, I would rather we were relegated and continued to build slowly, rather than do that and be in the same situation AGAIN with shitheads stopping us from purchasing the talent we want. Also, Lambert has already said he won't be panic buying players that he doesn't want in the long run, just to try keep us up.

I do not want us to get relegated but I also do not want us to sign the types of player like of Warnock, Hutton, Dunne again either.

I'm enclined to agree, those 3 alone cost upwards of 17million pound, with a wage of 130k a week for the contribution of precisely **** all. It's annoying to see us struggle but if the alternative is spunking tens of millions on players that will only get us between 10/15 place than so be it.

People keep saying "Get Diame"

Diame would demand high wages to join us with the position we're in. Lambert doesnt do high wagers his said it hundreds of times in interviews, plus Diame is injury prone. If Lambert wanted him then he would of got him before west ham did for free.

He isn't what we need right now and I don't think we should be in for him, not that we are and not that I would say no if it was the case, just a bummer if QPR get him as it could push them up away from us if he starts banging them in

I know there are 16 days of the window left but we really need to pull our finger out. Our need couldn't be more urgent. If we had signed a centre back and a defensive midfielder this time last week then I am confident we'd be 3 points better off now. I don't want to be saying the same thing this time next week.

Hmmm, remy gets linked to most European clubs, all except the bigs ones. Christ he nearly joined stoke last year. He might not be shit but he ain't all that either.

From what I have seen hes top drawer, although I don't follow French football week in week out and I suppose the fact Marseille are taking a loss of £5m within two seasons of signing him could prove otherwise.

From what I have seen hes top drawer, although I don't follow French football week in week out and I suppose the fact Marseille are taking a loss of £5m within two seasons of signing him could prove otherwise.

He has a 1 in 3 record in France, not prolific really in a league that isn't that good, he gets linked everywhere every window but qpr problem isn't that they cant score, its that they don't create anything to score from. Remy will only be as dangerous for them as the players that support him. He would fit in much better at Newcastle imo.

Edited by Jimzk5

I want us to stay up badly but like previously stated, I do not want us to panic buy and end up with another Makoun, Ireland or someone. I would rather we were patient and Lambert got the players he actually wants. Mistakes in the market have caused this (a long with other things), and we don't want to repeat them. Lambert knows who he wants, its just a case of if or when we get them in. Otherwise I see us going with what we've got, rather than signing someone for the sake of it. Fingers crossed we get the players in we need to stay up and build for the future!

He has a 1 in 3 record in France, not prolific really in a league that isn't that good, he gets linked everywhere every window but qpr problem isn't that they cant score, its that they don't create anything to score from. Remy will only be as dangerous for them as the players that support him. He would fit in much better at Newcastle imo.

Drogba had a 1 in 3 record in the French leage before joining Chelsea.