January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I don't know why people are scoffing so much at £10m. Not saying we don't need more but we managed to get Vlaar for something like £2.5m, for example.

If it's £10m plus player sales then I think that should be enough (providing we can shift certain players).

• Like 1

Ok three signings I think Villa could make in january quite easily and probabally for a decent price to beef up the deffence are ..

Tim Ream from Bolton, Yank defender starting to look a very promising player now after adapting to the pace of the english game and I think he's gonna be a late bloomer potential wise, so at 25 got a good few years on him yet and also plays infront of Guzan for the national team so should already have a basic understanding together.

Paddy McCathy from Crystal Palace, He's had his injury problems but he's 29 and seems to of put all that behind him now and had quite a consistent run going which has led him to be named captian, Maybe not the best defender, but always gives 100%, never shys away from any challenge, A proper old fight and bite british bulldog of a defender who never see's the game as being over and has proven a very effective leader to palace, could be a cheap and effective defensive deputy for Vlaar giving the youngsters some breathing space for the next two seasons.

and lastly Rhys Williams from Middlesbrough, only 24 seems to be gettin better and better. at young age already named captain and seems to be justifying the role, out of the 3 would probabally be the most expensive but could see him becoming a very very good player in deed in a season or two ...

Think if the 10 mil budget is right, we could get any of these with at least 7 mil left for a decent midfield battler.. wouldnt mind seeing us make a cheeky bid to get Nigel Reo Coker back tbh..

Actually I think lambert has been given another 20

I don't know why people are scoffing so much at £10m. Not saying we don't need more but we managed to get Vlaar for something like £2.5m, for example.

If it's £10m plus player sales then I think that should be enough (providing we can shift certain players).

Actually I think he has been given another 20M. But even if it was 10M that would be very generous. Lerner keeps spending like a top half owner. Its a shame our CEO, managers and players have conspired to be a bottom half side.

the summer was mainly about quantity in adding to the squad. January needs to bring 3 quality players in that can walk into 1st team.

Hopefully he isnt opposed to raiding Norwich and try tempt Hoolahan,Pilkington or even Bradley Johnson

So Lerner is pretty much giving him the bare minimum to get one player but if Lambert wants more he has to sell players. I guess that has all but sealed the fate of Bent then as he'll bring in about £14 million. Lambert may get the £35 million+ he needs but if the signings don't pay off we'll be even more screwed than we are now.

Edited by Daweii

10m is that a **** joke, we need at least 20m+ to bring in an experienced 25+ y.o CB, DCM, ACM and winger. We don't need another LB would be a waste of money (already having 3) and we only need another forward if we sell Bent, which is looking likely at the moment.

If I was in charge of transfers (which I am via fifa 13), I'd have this XI:

-----------------Guzan----------------

-Lowton--Vlaar--Samba--Kadlec-

-----------Milner------Plasil-----------

-------------------Marin---------------

--Weimann--Benteke--Agonlahor-

Guarantee we would be top 10 with that team. All are affordable to. Get Milner on loan with option to buy. Marin same thing. Plasil for probably 2-4 million, Kadlec and Samba will cost more though.

If I was in charge of transfers (which I am via fifa 13), I'd have this XI:

-----------------Guzan----------------

-Lowton--Vlaar--Samba--Kadlec-

-----------Milner------Plasil-----------

-------------------Marin---------------

--Weimann--Benteke--Agonlahor-

Guarantee we would be top 10 with that team. All are affordable to. Get Milner on loan with option to buy. Marin same thing. Plasil for probably 2-4 million, Kadlec and Samba will cost more though.

not a chance of samba, hes on mega bucks out in russia so there is no way he would come for lower wages. Marin MIGHT be convincied on laon but again wages mean he wouldnt join us for good. Milner is a pipe dream

Tim Ream from Bolton, Yank defender starting to look a very promising player now after adapting to the pace of the english game and I think he's gonna be a late bloomer potential wise, so at 25 got a good few years on him yet and also plays infront of Guzan for the national team so should already have a basic understanding together.

Looks very promising? He has barely been playing for a terrible Bolton side and when he did play, he was easily one of their worst players. He is so weak and terrible in the air. I'd rather have Herd than Ream. Plus what are you talking about with Guzan and him? Ream hasnt played for the United States since 2010 and has never once played with Guzan. Bolton fans I spoke to recently are terrified when Ream is on the pitch especially after the disaster a few weeks back. Bolton were leading 1-0 then Ream came on and directly caused two goals. Bolton lost 2-1.

If we wanted to sign an American defender, I'd suggest Omar Gonzalez. He is by far America's best defender aside from Cameron at the moment.

I fully expect the quoted £10m to be a decoy as no club/owners in the right mind would ever tell you what there full budget is for obvious reasons!..

Especially a club in a relegation battle in january!

However If we do spend around £10m, Its time for ray charles and stevie wonder to leave our great football club!..

Lambert can do a lot with 10mil - that's 3 or 4 players for him.

Things like this shouldn't be obsessed over though, what we really need is our existing players back and fit - that's the main problem we've got at the moment.

Yeah he can. He brought in Vlaar, Lowton, Bennett, Benteke and Kea. Only Vlaar has been someone we can really trust so far. Lowton and Benteke have had their moments but probably arent ready to be starters. Kea and Bennett have been awful at times this season. My point is, hopefully Lambert goes for consistency over potential.

You don't think you can trust Lowton or Benteke? Both have been really good for us. Bennett has looked pretty lively since coming back, KEA has had his moments and is hopefully coming out of his slump - he looked really good at the start of the season.