January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Samba would be an excellent shout. I can imagine his wages are not too great a compensation for playing in Russia and being racially abused on a weekly basis.

What Ba player like? Not heard of him.

His wages will be big, thats the only reason he is there

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Lots of sites are reporting that Lambo has said he won't be buying experience this jan window ? - the closest I can find is Lambo saying new players are 'not the priority' .....Has he said this or has he been misquoted ?

Well, the title given to this story is "Lambert rules out spending", but the headline is something different, and the line in the article itself from Lambert is "I will speak to the chairman to see what is happening in regard to bringing in some new players."

Lambert will no doubt spend in the window if money is available, and I certainly think so given the worst-case scenario at the end of the season. Lerner and Villa need that income from Sky every season, given our low attendance and revenue on a whole. Remember the last time we were struggling badly down there? We got Darren Bent out of the blue for 18M. I imagine quite a lot of money will be given to our manager, and I hope he spends it well. Lambert strikes me as the kind of manager who stands by his principles no matter what, and when people are criticising him he turns sour and stands by them even more. A bit like Wenger? Just hope he doesn't do anything that is against our best interest. And please don't sell Darren Bent to QPR, that would be absolutely horrendous and could make us look very stupid at the end of the year.

If Shawcross is being advised not to sign a new deal its because his agent believes he can get him a move to a better club.... that won't be us.

Shawcross signed a 6 year contract a few months ago.

looking for 3 players to walk straight into the first team , our younger players need to sit it out now and look at it as an experience they will hopefully learn from

a defender and 2 midfielders

in baker i think we have a good player and clark looks decent as does lowton, bennet looks more of a left sided midfielder to me

spunk money on lescot as he can play left back and centre back

midfield we need 2 players who can tackle and play forward passes simply

anything more would be a bonus, i dont think there is much point signing shit loads of players just 3 very good ones ( for us, not very good for man utd standard)

forwards well we have one of the best goal scorers in bent, i think lambert may have to get his head around the fact he will score goals, something we are desperately lacking and also the thing which wins games and gets points.

benteke has temporarily gone to rat shit, if bent is fit i would drop benteke and play bent for a couple games but unless bent is being sold i think our forward line up is good

when we had dunne, collins and cuellar here, we had no issues, if one was injured, we didnt have to worry as we had to other reasonably experienced CBs here

and now were only really using oneexperienced CB and every thought he wouldnt get injured, well now he has been for over a month, and were all panicking and leaking goals gallore

good move by the club on that one...

Douglas Teixera, Pirim Schwegler, Kuzmanovic and then Aubameyang..... 4 players all 24-26 that will make us a far better team, then Lambert can use whatever is left over to buy young up and coming players!!

Could Line up as

-----------------------Guzan

----------------Vlaaar---------Douglas

Lowton--------------------------------------Bennett

----------------Schwegler

--------------------------Westwood

--------------Kuzmanovic

Weimann-------------------------Aubameyang

-----------------Bent/Benteke

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Douglas Teixera, Pirim Schwegler, Kuzmanovic and then Aubameyang..... 4 players all 24-26 that will make us a far better team, then Lambert can use whatever is left over to buy young up and coming players!!

Could Line up as

-----------------------Guzan

----------------Vlaaar---------Douglas

Lowton--------------------------------------Bennett

----------------Schwegler

--------------------------Westwood

--------------Kuzmanovic

Weimann-------------------------Aubameyang

-----------------Bent/Benteke

Football Manager, blah blah blah. Actually all of those players would be very welcome at Villa, apart from Schwegler who I've never heard of so will have to take your word for it. Apparently his contract runs out in the summer so could be cheap.

I've mentioned it before but Newcastle are linked with Mahamadou Sakho at PSG. He would be an excellent signing.

Football Manager, blah blah blah. Actually all of those players would be very welcome at Villa, apart from Schwegler who I've never heard of so will have to take your word for it. Apparently his contract runs out in the summer so could be cheap.

I've mentioned it before but Newcastle are linked with Mahamadou Sakho at PSG. He would be an excellent signing.

Tbh if we did go after and get those players it would improve us vastly.... Kuzmanovic and Westwood would be able to pass a ball around any defence tbh!

Miroslav Stoch?

At Fenerbache but apperently fallen out with the manager.

23 or 24, Used to be at Chelsea so he has that all important PL experience...

He's a tiny tiny player but he has one of the best shots you'll ever see

a few shouts (some already mentioned)

defence: Upson, Samba, Dann, Lombaerts. Experience is very much needed.

Baker and Clark are good squad players, but not yet starters for the entire season. Lichaj and herd have been here for a while now and haven't convinced me at all. Bennett and Stevens can still prove themselves; Lowton is a good RB

midfield: Milner on loan, Perisic as winger (two-footed, good free-kick, technique, benched at dortmund but would walk into our squad). both of them can score a goal, something our midfield hasn't been doing so far

strikers: we have Bent, Gabby, Benteke and Weimann. the first two have loads of experience, the latter are obvious talents.

possible line up

Guzan

Lowton --- Vlaar ------ Lombaerts --- Stevens

Perisic ---- Westwood--Milner----Nzogbia

------------Bent-------Benteke

Milner could go right, perisic left, Zog on the bench and KEA/Bannan/Ireland on CM

So with 2-3 specific signings, this could be a very different team.

Lamberts idea of playing wiht youngsters is fine, but then you will be battling relegation all season (and have a chance of losing in the end).

Another thing that I keep noticing on this board. players can play 2-3 bad games and are immediately horrible and a waste of money. Last season Bent and Given were 2 of our best players, now everyone wants to offload them as quickly as possible. players like Zog, Given, bent, Ireland have proben themselves at other clubs, so they have what it takes to be PL players. I can't say the same for Bennett, Baker, Clark, Bannan just yet.

Last season Bent and Given were 2 of our best players, now everyone wants to offload them as quickly as possible. players like Zog, Given, bent, Ireland have proben themselves at other clubs, so they have what it takes to be PL players. I can't say the same for Bennett, Baker, Clark, Bannan just yet.

If it's required that the wage bill is cut (and all reports say that it is), then big wage players who don't deliver accordingly will be lined up for a move. Bent and Given had their critics last year. Bent's goals kept us up the year he was signed. Financially, that was worth the £15m we will lose in selling him. If he doesn't fit the style of play Lambert wants, and is costing more in wages than other people who would fit better, it makes perfect sense to let him go, if anyone can be found to buy him. Given is costing a lot for a reserve goalie, and again we should be able to do better.

Zog and Ireland have had good spells in the past, but I don't think anyone would call them consistent or reliable. Again, if their wages mean that we can't afford to bring in people who will do a better job, then we should let them go if anyone will take them. Same with Dunne.

That's not an argument for bringing in only players from the third division, just a comment on what seems like the only thing to do if the wage bill must be cut.