January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

It may pay actually to give some of the big earners free transfers. Sure you may lose a fee (not much anyway) but a least you free up space n the budget for better players.

Hutton, given, warnock, Nzogbia and Ireland just give them all free transfers.

I have read a lot of ignorant posts from you the last year, but this one is pretty unsolid isn't it? This is not FM, this is real life and with real financial situations, as well as personal sentiment and friendship between the players. All of these players have sell-on values, just because they are deemed poor by you does not mean they completely written off by others and other teams/managers. Would you rather kick out Hutton and pay the reminder of his contract instead of selling him to some shit club in the Championship? He has got an agent and every player has a club wanting them, that is how the market works. I mean, Titus Bramble has found room for himself several times after being ridiculed by most fans in the entire country. Same with Zat Knight, absolute woeful player for both Fulham and Villa, but now he has 114 games for Bolton since 2009. Freeing Given would cost a whole lot of money, and even though it would be hard to find him a new home it is not impossible.

And then we have N'Zogbia. Is he done? Finished forever? He was great for Wigan, 15 goals in 83 games, 9 goals and 7 assists his last season for them. He has not been any good for us, not yet, but with some proper players around him he can certainly come back and do a good job. Our biggest problem is the central midfield, which is absolutely weak and without any tricks or aggression in it. Wingers like N'Zogbia are the ones that most often lose form and seem down and out, but they can always resurrect. Remember Wayne Routledge? Worst player I have ever seen in a Villa-kit, this year he has 4 goals and 4 assists for Swansea. Not a great player by any means, but what he does now compared to what he did for Villa is quite a different situation. N'Zogbia has 269 minutes to his name this season and he has been injured a lot. I think it's time Lambert chooses him a bit more when he is fit again, because the dross we are playing now couldn't even score against our current defence! We have been blaming our most experienced players and highest earners all season, but what has the new players given us except a string of very poor results? Besides, when we play the same side over and over this is what we get, a bunch of young, scared players struggling with fatigue. 0-15 in the last three games, tells the complete story. Same with Ireland really, he has been given a chance many times and he hasn't succeeded at all, but you want to sack him?

Dumbest idea I have ever heard of. Sell them, by all means if that is what Lambert wants to do, but he will never, ever just terminate their contracts. Do we have a better winger than CNZ? In my opinion, not at all. Do we have a better midfielder than Ireland? Not a compliment to Ireland really, but the answer is still no. We have a few players running around misplacing passes and running into deadmans's land like Bannan and Holman, again, look at what that has brought us thus far.

Think sniping at each other is pointless.

I hoped that players like Nzogbia and Ireland would thrive under Lambert, even Warnock and Hutton. Not saying they deserve to be given a second chance or not, to me that is irrelevant, all the while they are Villa players contracted to us and paid by us I will want them to do succeed, they owe it to us to do well.

Now Ireland, Bent and Nzogbia have hardly been backed to the hilt by Lambert and had a long run in the side, plus injuries haven't helped.

But what people is forget is whatever they are paid, they still need confidence, they still need to believe in the players they play alongside and likewise the players that play with them.

What i see at the moment is no-one is leading on the pitch, few players demand the ball in the final third. Ireland was stuck as a headless chicken trying to gain possession but not really having anyone round him he could pass it to, and i'm not excusing him as he was awful, he could have led, he could of motivated those around him, but he does **** all.

Football is all about psychology, confidence, belief and luck.

I don't know how it has happened but it feels like Lambert has actually weakened the team since he arrived, it certainly feels like the problems McCleish had around senior players getting injured and over reliance on average youth players has struck again. When will the board and manager learn from past mistakes?

Upson, Dawson or Chris Samba... Need some defensive experience along with Vlaar!

Upson, Dawson or Chris Samba... Need some defensive experience along with Vlaar!

need Vlaar to stop being injured, his injury has been going on forever!

Samba would be a great signing. He wants to come back to England as well apparently. Him and Vlaar would be a decent partnership. For midfield I'd go for Huddlestone. He can pick a pass, score goals and he's a big physical presence. We need someone like him, despite what many of you think! I heard that Diame has a 3.5 million release clause. If this is true then we should be straight in there! There's talk of Lambert raiding Norwich for Morison. Forget that! If he is going to raid Norwich then it needs to be for someone like Pilkington. Demba Ba's situation needs to be looked at as well. Bent's days in a Villa shirt are clearly numbered and Ba would be a great replacement. He apparently wants big wages but with the likes of Dunne and Warnock off the wage bill in 6 months, as well as the potential sale of Bent then Ba's wage demands shouldn't be a problem as we are clearly in the shit and it is not a time to be penny pinching! I just hope that Lerner is aware of how much money he'll lose out on if we go down.

Nasty bastard midfielder needed. Don't know what's happened to Palacios since his move to Stoke but could be a decent shout.

Frimpong on loan at Wolves pre-injury looked very good, currently out at Charlton - could be of use??

Open to signings from abroad - German league would be best place to look I think, most similar in style to the prem.

If wages are going to be an issue we will have to look a abroad. Lower league players are not the answer unless we are getting ready to play lower league football. To be fair of Lamberts 3 signings from abroad 2 have looked our best players.

Hope that German scout has been very busy.

Hope that German scout has been very busy.

Quite. The likes of Timm Klose, Max Kruse or Ádám Szalai would, on form, each represent an improvement on our current 'fortunes' for likely only a modest sum.