January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Come January top of the tree needed is the purchase of a DCM, then a winger or two then a ACM. Think the defense is alright how it is at the moment (only conceded 3 in the last five) but wouldn't mind seeing Olson from Blackburn being brought in.

Can't think of a decent DCM (just woken up :P ) but would like to see us bring in maybe Ince, Phillips, Olson, Aspas and Trotter.

Whittingham suggested a few pages back - it would be great to have someone in the side who can take a free kick - and score. Haven't had anyone that would get you excited about a free kick in a while. Young thought he was CR9 with his stance over the ball etc. but was pretty crap. Seem to remember Milner scored a peach against Everton at VP a few years back - haven't had anyone who's in any way prolific at free kicks in an age.

Not many about in the PL as a whole at moment.

]GarethRDR, on 13 December 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

He's got terminal Glenjohnsonitis!

If you say so

I'd say he's got a mild case of the Ashley Col(e)d

I've had both! Such terrible aches and Baines.

• Like 1

with the link to James Henry too I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 2 windows we see any of these players coming in.....

James Henry/Dale Stephens

Liam Trotter/Another DM

Finnbogasson/ Another Fwd to replace DB9 should he go (which is fairly likely) and with Jordan Bowery to go out on loan maybe?

A Cb to replace Dunne (Or Promote Williams to the 4th Cb role)

A 2nd Gk to replace Given, unless we promote Siegrist. ( Hope he goes out on loan from Jan to the end of the season so he can get some experience!)

That would give us a very good basis of a squad for Lambert to work with having the experienced players around like, Guzan, Vlaar, Ireland, Agbonlahor, N'zogbia (showing "signs" of improvement may well be sold in the summer depending on his attitude and work rate in the coming months) and El Ahmadi.

With Hopefully one or two of, Callum Robinson, Samir Carruthers, Daniel Johnson, Jordan Graham, Jack Grealish, Derrick Williams and Gary Gardner to make it into the first team and cement a spot to be theirs, (Gardner and Carruthers would be the favorites for that to be honest).

Eeeek. This is exciting isn't it? Who here isn't excited about the prospect of signing players who actually want to play some football and have potential?

Gosh, to think that a couple of years ago we were happy with -

Warnock

Beye

Dunne

Sidwell

Collins

Reo-Coker

Jeeeeeesus.

Don't agree with this at all. If we buy one player it should be a creative midfielder imo. Hard to sign good players in January without waving wads of money around, as you suggest, but if we can get the right midfielder it will transform the team into a real threat imo.

After that maybe a winger and a CB to cover injuries and then someone who can play FB, but personally I'd sooner see us get one good midfielder than two or three players in other positions.

This is spot on. I would also add that, that creative midfield needs to be able beat a man with skill. Thats what we are lacking most right now. The movements good, the pass is getting pretty slick, but we need someone in midfield that can force defenders to commit, and create that bit of extra space.

This is spot on. I would also add that, that creative midfield needs to be able beat a man with skill. Thats what we are lacking most right now. The movements good, the pass is getting pretty slick, but we need someone in midfield that can force defenders to commit, and create that bit of extra space.

This..... x1000000000000000 If we could get someone like that from henke's little black book then we will be cooking!!

I remember watching The Olympiakos - Arsenal game and being impressed by Abdoun. We could do with a player like him. I was also watching YouTube vids on Finnbogason and Filip Djuricic impressed me too, direct running and good range of passing.

Someone with a bit of flair is what we need.

Tbh, two transfers I'd like to see would be

also I'd like to see us make an audacious attempt for Tom Ince from under the noses of the other clubs, as the higher number of games he'd get for Villa under Lambert as opposed to sitting on the bench at one of the bigs boys

I think Ince would be a great signing but like his father I guess he will never join us Kbdrum88. The time to have tied him up was during the summer when his potential was clear to see but he has moved on since and has now increased his value to a level beyond what I suspect we will be prepared to pay and I also wonder if he really would put getting more games for us above getting a higher wage but warming a bench more often than not at say Manchester United or Liverpool.

After watching the obligatory YT video..... Mr Lambert....... Can we please have Alfred Finnbogason?

Looks like such a natural footballer.... everything look effortless and so easy!

I would like to see Finnbogason here, normally players like him go to bigger dutch teams (Ajax or PSV) i reckon 4/5mil should do it as that is norm when transferring between dutch clubs or selling abroad (see Van Wolfswinkel, Dost!!) and potential another gem to play with Weimann and Benteke giving us options!! the comments on their forum i found are all positive and could be next Huntalaar

Another one i am thinking of is Jelle Vossen (Bentekes old partner for Genk and also for national team) hopefully Marc Willmots can give us a recommendation or not :)