--------------------guzan--------------------

lowton - vlaar - clark# - stevens#

ahmadi# - westwood# - ireland

-----holman# - benteke - gabby-----

although i personally would prefer herd over westwood

anything with a # can be improved with new players imo,

• Like 1

What about Zog at LB

He started life as a wing back and thats what he was when newcastle first signed him. He played as a left wing back at Newcastle when he first arrived there. It might not be a bad idea to try him there. Lichaj/stevens/bennett are not especially any good really.

in addition, as we can edit

--------------------guzan--------------------

lowton - vlaar - clark# - stevens#

ahmadi# - westwood# - ireland

-----holman# - benteke - gabby-----

although i personally would prefer herd over westwood

anything with a # can be improved with new players imo,

really? herd over westwood. herd is a very limited headless chicken from what I have seen if him.

He started life as a wing back and thats what he was when newcastle first signed him. He played as a left wing back at Newcastle when he first arrived there. It might not be a bad idea to try him there. Lichaj/stevens/bennett are not especially any good really.

Especially since we rely so much on our fullbacks to provide width. So many times yesterday Lichaj was in acres of space when he received the ball but had neither the mind or ability to do anything with it.

Especially since we rely so much on our fullbacks to provide width. So many times yesterday Lichaj was in acres of space when he received the ball but had neither the mind or ability to do anything with it.

lichaj looks very uncomfortable when he is forward. he mormally passes sideways or backwards. i dont think stevens is quite up to it i dont mind him as a back up, a bit raw but tries hard. the less said about bennett the better, he is like a left back version of lee cattermole. nzogbia is worth a go i think.

lichaj looks very uncomfortable when he is forward. he mormally passes sideways or backwards. i dont think stevens is quite up to it i dont mind him as a back up, a bit raw but tries hard. the less said about bennett the better, he is like a left back version of lee cattermole. nzogbia is worth a go i think.

I get the feeling that you don't rate Joe Bennett. ;)

Lichaj/stevens/bennett are not especially any good really.

I know that you only like to give young players a handful of games before writing them off but personally I think that Bennett (England U21s) and Stevens (Republic U21s) have got the potential to become really good players.

Cheeky bid for Nordtveit from Borussia Monchengladbach? Perfect for Lambert, cheap, young, schooled in England and works incredibly hard. Also got bucketloads of potential + ability.

This, I rate him very high. Good player, potential to be great.

Wanyama will be at one of Arsenal, Man Utd or City in Jan. He is way too good for us now after his CL performances.

I think someone like Liam Trotter at Millwall would actually be a good signing. A tough-tackling big CM who can help the midgets in our midfield.

Still such a shame we didn't go for the likes of Diame and Ki in the summer. Really think KEA is struggling but hopefully will improve if we can get more quality in around him.

And lichaj is playing at left back when he is a right back. Lichaj has always done ok for me in his proper position

This. Would be a real shame if he was changed into some sort of utility defender. He is a far better right back than he's currently doing at left back. Not enough perhaps to dislodge Lowton, but I wouldn't want him to be deemed not good enough based on his LB performances.

He already once turned us down when he joined Celtic, I don't think he's keen to join Villa.

Didn't know that. Think he's set for bigger things regardless.

Is it really a dead certaintly that Wanyama will be joining one of the big 4/5 ?

I hear this a lot, then we see them going to some unknown team that can offer them competetive wages. I remember similar things being said about Sigurdsson, then he went abroad (Hoffenheim was it?)

I think we should put in a bid for Wanyama. He might be tempted by the Lambert-revolution (providing we're not propping up the league table ;) )

Is it really a dead certaintly that Wanyama will be joining one of the big 4/5 ?

I hear this a lot, then we see them going to some unknown team that can offer them competetive wages. I remember similar things being said about Sigurdsson, then he went abroad (Hoffenheim was it?)

I think we should out in a bid for Wanyama. He might be tempted by the Lambert-revolution (providing we're not propping up the league table ;) )

He turned us down saying we have no chjance of challenging for titles or somethnig along those lines. He wont be coming here.

I just can't see him coming here. Don't get me wrong, Wanyama is exactly what we need in midfield but given his increasing reputation and CL performances he will command wages that I doubt we will be willing to pay anymore. Plus he'd cost £10m and unless Randy is willing to bankroll a £40m window in Jan to get 4-5 quality players in I just don't see us going for him.

Maybe our scouting system has already unearthed the next Wanyama or Sigurrdson for us to sign in January.

I just can't see him coming here. Don't get me wrong, Wanyama is exactly what we need in midfield but given his increasing reputation and CL performances he will command wages that I doubt we will be willing to pay anymore. Plus he'd cost £10m and unless Randy is willing to bankroll a £40m window in Jan to get 4-5 quality players in I just don't see us going for him.

Maybe our scouting system has already unearthed the next Wanyama or Sigurrdson for us to sign in January.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous - Celtic can't command a transfer fee of 10mil for any of their players, they simply couldn't afford to turn down a bid of even 5/6mil for any of their players and any player in his right mind would leave them for an premier league team. As for his wages, he's hardly going to be on much up in Scotland (15k/20k max), so why would he want something unreasonable here?

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous - Celtic can't command a transfer fee of 10mil for any of their players, they simply couldn't afford to turn down a bid of even 5/6mil for any of their players and any player in his right mind would leave them for an premier league team. As for his wages, he's hardly going to be on much up in Scotland (15k/20k max), so why would he want something unreasonable here?

Just because he plays for Celtic doesn't mean he won't want a lot more money to come to the PL. He is a footballer, not an idiot. I'm sure his agent also has some idea as to what people are prepared to pay him. Regarding the fee, Celtic got £6m for Ki who wasn't as highly rated. Yes maybe it was for financial reasons but Celtic certainly don't need to sell him, especially if they get into the next round of the CL.

Not really sure how my post was "ridiculous" just because your opinion is different to mine.