January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Everyone knows it's bullshit, but I read this today in a belgian newspaper.

Do you remember Cyril Théréau? The striker made ​​the good weather in Charleroi a few years back and was equally active - without success - at RSC Anderlecht. Now he plays himself in the spotlight at Chievo Verona in Serie A.

Chievo Verona or may not do very well in Serie A, Cyril Théréau does work well in Serie A. The 29-year-old Frenchman played himself in the picture at Fiorentina, but also the English Aston Villa would be interested in the striker.

Théréau himself indicates that he wants to fully focus on the rescue and Chievo Verona in Serie A. The former player of Charleroi, Steaua Bucharest and RSC Anderlecht in the city of Romeo and Juliet still has a contract for two seasons.

the original article in dutch

Haven't seen him play since he was at Anderlecht, but when he played there he really was awful

So anyways back on topic ;)

I think some potential players it would be good to add to the squad would be (one of each)

ST- Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

CAM- Marko Marin (Loan)

CDM- Joshua Guilavogui, Etienne Capoue, Moussa Sissoko (think French league is abundant with decent CDMs and I think Villa could certainly add the wages to entice them to move)

CB- Douglas, Daniel Carrico (Carrico doubles as a CB/CDM, so could be useful)

Who is likely to be sold?

Bent

Given

Warnock

Hutton

Potentially 4 players coming in?

Sold or maybe even loaned

Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, NZogbia, Given, Bent, Ireland, Delfouneso, Albrighton, Makoun, Delph.

Between January and the remainder of the season I feel between this lot of players some will be sold/loaned in January transfer window and the remainder and all of that group will more than likely be gone by next July.

What seems positive to me is that Lambert is actually not bending over for the bigger players in the squad like Bent and Given. He picks the ones that he feels will do a job and the others get swiftly sent out on loan or sold. Long may that continue. Credit goes to Lerner for not interfering aswell, I'd hate to be in the situation that di Matteo found himself in being forced to play Torres when he does not want to.

So rumours of the possible departure of Lescott from Man City in January, we could do a lot lot lot worse.

I don't know what sort of fee/wages would be required but I think he would be the sort of experienced player we could really do with adding to the squad. It would be a step down but he might just fancy coming home to end his career.

So rumours of the possible departure of Lescott from Man City in January, we could do a lot lot lot worse.

Think there are complications around him living in the area tbh.

Be nice to have him on board though, local lad and villa fan