Ashley Young

maqroll

On 10/11/2022 at 22:36, Demitri_C said:

Easy on legend? Hos forst run he was excellent and come back at 36 and given us two superb seasons. Thats legendary status for me

Name me another 37 year old thats done that. Even ronnie isnt doing at united

He's not remotely close to being a legend. If he's a legend, what is Mcgrath, Saunders, Bremner etc?

Of Stanley Matthews could play well into his forties in an era where beer, fags and pies were the go to match preps then this lad (Yes I can say that I'm 14 years older than him) can play well into his forties.

He's been a revelation this season.

There will come a point at which it's not that he can't do it for a game, but that it's not worth the toll on his body. I'm amazed he's been as good as he is this season, but I'd be surprised to get another year out of him.

Still. I said the same last year,

7 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He's not remotely close to being a legend. If he's a legend, what is Mcgrath, Saunders, Bremner etc?

Name me another 37 year old thats come back and given us two years of pure class?

The ones your talking about are from a different era. Bremer was over 30 years ago 

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There will come a point at which it's not that he can't do it for a game, but that it's not worth the toll on his body. I'm amazed he's been as good as he is this season, but I'd be surprised to get another year out of him.

Still. I said the same last year,

He's said he's come back to help us back into europe. If that means winning the FA cup that would be a script writer's dream.

So I reckon if we finish 7th and it's good enough for europe he'll retire there and then. If not he's certainly shown enough this season to hang around one more year especially if he's just used as a squad player.

Guy's had some career when you think about it. People probably wondered if he was really CL quality when he played for us but Ferguson signed him for Man. United and he was a regular under Van Gaal and Mourinho and then Conte was playing him every week for Inter. That's four of the very best managers around in last 20 years so Emery will certainly value his experience and use him when appropriate. 

• Like 1

He’s been my player of the season so far. He’s consistently good in everything he does. Model pro and a player any youngster in the squad should look up to. Whatever happens going forward this bloke has always gave his all for our great club. Been one of our best signings twice now!

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Name me another 37 year old thats come back and given us two years of pure class?

The ones your talking about are from a different era. Bremer was over 30 years ago 

Why does that make him a legend? And what does era have to do with it?

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Why does that make him a legend? And what does era have to do with it?

We clearly have two different criteria what makes someone a legend. I think the way he is conducting  himself and performing as well as his 1st stint at the club puts in that catergory.

Certainly added shown more than someone like gabby has in terms of heart desire and passion. Ash would die on the pitxh he puts so much in when called upon. At e7 thats incredible.

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

In fairness some call Hutton a legend on here. Young is one of the top 5 players I have seen for Villa

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness some call Hutton a legend on here. Young is one of the top 5 players I have seen for Villa

Thats a veey good point

His attitude desire and heart for mw puts him in that catergory. For me he was mons best signing and one of smiths smartest and astute signings. Certainly close to legendary status for me. 

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a veey good point

His attitude desire and heart for mw puts him in that catergory. For me he was mons best signing and one of smiths smartest and astute signings. Certainly close to legendary status for me. 

I was talking to a random Villa fan earlier and we both agreed Young vs Everton was one of the best recent moments in Villa history

That's how bad we have been but also how good Young has been

• Like 2

My 7 year old commented "why is he called Ashley Young when he is 37!"

Boy is a comedy genius without even knowing it 😂 

Ash has been fantastic all season the players could all learn a lot from his dedication and professionalism.

28 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

My 7 year old commented "why is he called Ashley Young when he is 37!"

Boy is a comedy genius without even knowing it 😂 

Ash has been fantastic all season the players could all learn a lot from his dedication and professionalism.

Literally old enough to be Ramsey's dad. Doesn't look it though.

Â