Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He wont stay around if they go down and he hasnt managed in Championship in 10 years when the best team in the league West Ham team came up via playoffs

If heckingbottom can get sheff utd up im sure big sam can with leeds. Bamford if he sticks around will be best striker down there so they will have enough to come straight back

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If heckingbottom can get sheff utd up im sure big sam can with leeds. Bamford if he sticks around will be best striker down there so they will have enough to come straight back

FatSam won't grace the Championship with his wide presence. Albion offered him the job after he got them relegated and he turned them down. 6 weeks of work is perfect for him, able to raise his media profile, and get a few more well-paid gigs out of it. It certainly isn't for Leeds benefit.

Edited by The Fun Factory

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You are massively overrating him. How did Pulis, Bruce, Redknapp or Pearson do in last Championship jobs

Allardyce hasnt managed a full season since Tim Sherwood was our manager

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Leeds fans seem remarkably up for this, reading their forum. Most seem resigned that they were going down anyway so welcome the change, any change. 

Then there’s the comments like these that make you feel warm and fuzzy:

We truly are a laughing stock. Beggars belief.”

“What a complete and utter farce. Wtf is going on at this club??”

I’ll tell you what though, for such a MASSIVE club, their MOT forum is terribly quiet. On a big day of speculation and change for them, only 5 pages on Big Sam, we’d have smashed out 175 by teatime (fish puns not withstanding).

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I would rather play a Leeds or Everton than the likes of Burnley and Sheffield United.

Probably an elitist opinion but growing up in the early 90's games against the traditional English clubs still have a nostalgic effect on me.

Bigger and more famous grounds too.

F*** that, I want Everton’s record, their fans are whiny losers, and Leeds are just dirty. 

Sheffield Utd are more than big enough for the Prem anyway, and Burnley have loads of tradition (they have more top flight seasons than Leeds, just like the Blades do.) 

• Like 2

This might be the most brazen and desperate move I can remember. Allardyce will fail again and Leeds will rebuild in the Championship. Not sure how this will endear the board to the fans. It’s all hilarious though. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Won't happen due to Southampton being a lost cause but imagine a season where Allardyce, Dyche and Moyes are all relegated 💦

Dont forget Lampard helped too

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Am I the only one who thinks they’d have stayed up fairly comfortably under Marsh? 

marsch, hassenhutl, tuchel and potter, conte, lampard...there have been very few manager sackings this season that you can say for sure have turned out alright

really it's only the sackings of gerrard and parker that you can say worked out well...and it was touch and go on the latter until the last couple of weeks. i'd add vieira to that too but i think they'd have been fine anyway if they'd kept him

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

marsch, hassenhutl, tuchel and potter, conte, lampard...there have been very few manager sackings this season that you can say for sure have turned out alright

really it's only the sackings of gerrard and parker that you can say worked out well...and it was touch and go on the latter until the last couple of weeks. i'd add vieira to that too but i think they'd have been fine anyway if they'd kept him

I’d add Wolves letting Lage go worked well for them. I think they would be in the bottom three if they had kept him for another month.

• Like 2

Â