Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

The Bristol Rovers cup win was on TV but I just had a look at last season's results (not advisable, had almost pushed it out of my mind!) in the league yeah it was 5 draws and 6 defeats. Plus one more defeat in the FA cup too.

This is a potentially season defining game. A win at home against a good West Brom side coming off the Man City victory, we'll have finally won two in a row, and confidence woould be sky high.

But I can see this as a tricky one...1-1, Benteke w/ the goal.

When was the last time we won at home and when on tv?

When was the last time we won 2 in a row?

Last home win on TV was Newcastle 10th april 2011, Collins with the goal.

Last back to back wins was at the end of the Houllier season under Gary Mac we won away at Arsenal then at home to Liverpool.

I would go:

Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Westwood (if fit)

Holman, El-Ahmadi, Delph, Bannan

Weimann, Bent

If needing a goal late on, stick on Albrighton for Bannan, Zog for Holman and Benteke for Weimann and move to a standard 4-4-2 with wingers,, getting some crosses in to Benteke.

EDIT - Completely forgot about Gabby, despite his two goals. It's nice to have options these days!!

Posted it in the Lambert thread so may as well stick it here:

Guzan

Lowton   Vlaar   Clark   Bennett

KEA

Gabby  Andi  Bent Zoggy  Benteke
I would love to see that. Edit: although in reality, you'd have to line up like so:
            Guzan

Lowton   Vlaar   Clark   Bennett

KEA

Benteke   Gabby

Andi    Bent     Zoggy

___________________Guzan___________________

__Lowton___Vlaar____________Clark__Lichaq____

____________________KEA____________________

____________Holman_______Bannan____________

___________________Gabby____________________

___________Benteke_______Bent________________

Saying that though, thought Delph should maybe get a shot. Maybe swap Gabby for Bent and put Delph attacking mid?!

A team coming to an away derby, I honestly think Clarke will be happy with a point but thats my opinion.

Normally speaking i would agree with you but we are again in a period of transition and at the moment i would hazard a guess that most teams in the Premiership would be looking to get the three points from us. Maybe not Man City's B Team though? :winkold: