Goals Goals Goals

TheSufferingVilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why?

Well, with no wall the keeper has no obstruction of view he would see the shot coming and had he seen that coming he would have saved it.

With no wall you aren't going to beat a keeper from that sort of distance with a ball moving at that sort of pace.

So the only option you would have would be to hit it with more power and try and blast the ball past the keeper but in doing so you would likely lose accuracy.

With no wall you remove the very thing a player like Ronaldo actually needs to score in that situation.

Why?

Well, with no wall the keeper has no obstruction of view he would see the shot coming and had he seen that coming he would have saved it.

With no wall you aren't going to beat a keeper from that sort of distance with a ball moving at that sort of pace.

So the only option you would have would be to hit it with more power and try and blast the ball past the keeper but in doing so you would likely lose accuracy.

With no wall you remove the very thing a player like Ronaldo actually needs to score in that situation.

I'd argue that without a wall, Ronaldo would just run up and spank that ball at about 90mph into the top corner.

The wall is what makes him have to take some power off, bend it etc. It just happens that he's exceptionally good at it.

I take your point, with that sort of shot you'd be better without a wall. But the point is without a wall he wouldn't be making that sort of shot.

Yes that is exactly my point, without the wall he wouldn't be making that sort of a shot. Come on keep up. :)

Without the wall you force a player like Ronaldo down the power only route, now granted he can smack a ball but how much time do you think he spends practising the above free kick and how much time do you think he spends practising just thumping the ball past a keeper from that sort of range?

He just wouldn't have the same sort of accuracy if he was trying to hit the ball as hard as he could.

With no wall the area of the goal he could score in would be reduced as the keeper's increased visibility would improve.

I would love to see a team just put no wall up in that situation, if nothing else it would cause some confusion.