Goals Goals Goals

TheSufferingVilla

• 2 weeks later...

The race to determine the winner of the Fifa Puskas Award for the "best goal of the year" has started, meaning fans from across the world can decide which of the 10 goals selected by Fifa will be the winner of this award.

The 10 goals are: Peter Ankersen (10 August 2013 - Esbjerg fB v. Aarhus GF - SAS Ligaen); Lisa De Vanna (1 June 2013 - Sky Blue FC v. Boston Breakers); Antonio Di Natale (7 April 2013 - Udinese Calcio v. AC Chievo Verona - Serie A); Zlatan Ibrahimovic (13 November 2012 - Sweden v England); Panagiotis Kone (16 December 2012 - SSC Napoli v. Bologna FC 1909); Daniel Luduena (27 July 2013 - Pachuca CF v Tigres UANL); Nemanja Matic (13 January 2013 - SL Benfica v FC Porto); Louisa Necib (17 March 2013 - Olympique Lyonnais v. AS Saint-Etienne); Neymar (15 June 2013 - Brazil v Japan); Juan Manuel Olivera (28 August 2013 - Nautico v. Sport Recife)

He wasn't playing.  He has a handful of caps but he is nowhere near first choice. He wasn't in the World Cup 2010 or Euro 2012 squads, I doubt he will go to Brazil either. 

He wasn't playing.  He has a handful of caps but he is nowhere near first choice. He wasn't in the World Cup 2010 or Euro 2012 squads, I doubt he will go to Brazil either. 

Ron Vlaar is the second most capped defender in the Dutch squad. He wasn't playing for the same reason Jagielka didn't play against Chile. Coach giving other players a chance.

His knee injuries have limited his opportunities at club and international level. Great player when he's fit.

He wasn't playing. He has a handful of caps but he is nowhere near first choice. He wasn't in the World Cup 2010 or Euro 2012 squads, I doubt he will go to Brazil either.

He started the game yesterday, I watched the first half so I'm 100% sure, unless his identical twin plays for the Dutch national team. Maybe he had been subbed by time that goal happened though.

he was in the euro 2012 squad. He started 2 of their 3 group games. He has 20 caps.

Edited by Voinjama

he was in the euro 2012 squad. He started 2 of their 3 group games. He has 20 caps.

Ah. I stand corrected then.  Also I guess it explains why the Dutch were so poor at Euro 2012. 

Moar gifs:

71UpYzS.gif

Bale's 5th goal in just 11 appearances for Madrid. 

bHnr0up.gif

Ronaldo's 226th goal for Madrid.  Took 217 appearances to reach that total if you were wondering.