Media and punditry

BOF

Yes I still like the atmospheric sounds of the crowd and everything. I don't know the names but some Commentators are worse than others like the ones on ITV. If I find a stream and I find the commentry over the top I also do the thing of finding a foreign stream to listen to.

I'm sure they have spoken since, but regarding that particular incident I remain convinced that Shearer would have flattened Keane had a proper fight broken out, he was bigger, stronger and no stranger to being a bit dirty himself.  Roy Keane seemed to rely heavily on intimidation to bully his way around the pitch and Shearer wasn't buying it for a second. 

don't know if anybody saw Jamie Redknapp trying to be sarcastic on sky on Saturday regarding Sherwod future and Spurs. Came across as a man who has never used sarcasm before and also a man bitter his dad was sacked by them :D

Neville is always really good. Actually analyzes the match.

Agree. SKY are miles better than Motd or ITV with their punditry. Neville is refreshingly honest and, has thorough anlysis, sound knowledge and doesn't throw any cliche's round like so many others.

Other than Neville i've always enjoyed listening to Souness, Hoddle and Wilkins. Basically people who know their stuff.

You can see how Motd have tired harder this season (clearly Hansen, Shearer and co got a rocket up their arse for being boring and predictable) but they're still light years away from the quality, camaraderie and insightfullness of Sky's teams.

I'm sure they have spoken since, but regarding that particular incident I remain convinced that Shearer would have flattened Keane had a proper fight broken out, he was bigger, stronger and no stranger to being a bit dirty himself.  Roy Keane seemed to rely heavily on intimidation to bully his way around the pitch and Shearer wasn't buying it for a second. 

Yep, Shearer was clearly not intimidated by Keane, but if I had to put money on it, I'd bet that Keane would win (having been trained as a boxer, and apparently a decent one). But in a brawl, anything's possible, I guess. And Shearer was no shrinking violet. 

Neville is always really good. Actually analyzes the match.

Not only that, he has an easy but focused on-air demeanor, which makes him stand out from the crowd. Listening to Tony Gale earlier was doing my head in. 

On my way back from a match tonight listening to talk shite (yes I know I shouldn't) with new pundit Stuart Psycho Pearce. They talked about tonight's match and tomorrow's big game at mold trafford with united versus Olympiacos. Pearce then said like tonight Turkish sides are not good travellers or some such piffle. Now either Pearce is taking a Ottoman line that Greece and Turkery are the same country, or he is geographically confused.  Or just thinks that they are just  the same, these foreigners. A bit like his brother then. Remember this is a man that the FA thought was a bright young talent and managed the Under 21's badly for a while. Pearce- great player, not a  great pundit.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I'm sure they have spoken since, but regarding that particular incident I remain convinced that Shearer would have flattened Keane had a proper fight broken out, he was bigger, stronger and no stranger to being a bit dirty himself. Roy Keane seemed to rely heavily on intimidation to bully his way around the pitch and Shearer wasn't buying it for a second.

Yep, Shearer was clearly not intimidated by Keane, but if I had to put money on it, I'd bet that Keane would win (having been trained as a boxer, and apparently a decent one). But in a brawl, anything's possible, I guess. And Shearer was no shrinking violet.
To me Keane's intimidation never came from him being able to win in a fight or a boxing match or any other organised test of skill and strength.

The intimidation came from the fact he had a short temper and he didn't give a shit. He'd hurt you without even thinking twice.

He might not be able to knock you out in a boxing ring, but he wouldn't think twice about breaking your legs on a football pitch.

For sheer deludedness I found this quote from a BBC article by Tom English  about Neil Lennon at Celtic and why he should be given a top four job in England- 'After his seismic Celtic achievements, the best Martin O'Neill could do in England was a lowly Aston Villa. It was the same for Walter Smith. When he went south it was to Everton' Lowly? Everton? Scottish football is total pish and winning trophies at Celtic is like shooting for fish in a barrel. Apparently Lennon feels 'snubbed' about a lack of a decent job offer down south. Baffling.

he's justified it on twitter by saying he meant our league position when MON took over

but it is baffling about lennon, he'd be lucky to be offered swansea, baggies or norwich IMO thats the kind of level i think he is

its a strange article, the digs at us and everton seem a bit daft, the bulk of the article and how no one cares about SPL achievments he needs to do something in europe if he wants recognition id say is pretty spot on but nowhere on that article does it mention the fact that he's also an utter cock

Lennon's been very average at Celtic. It took him years to win the title when Rangers were imploding. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he would do any better than McLeish in the Prem.

Â