Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Hows the game now? Still buggy or is it pretty much sorted?

the game is fine for me. people moan about the tactics but I like the fact you have to change. I learn 3 different systems each season and mix up my style of play each season. I tinker more than ranieri but it works well

The game keeps referring to me as a tinkerer lol, i tend to change from game to game depending on the quality of opposition, easier opponents i will play a 4-3-1-2 and harder opponents i will go for a 4-1-3-2. Occasionally i throw a curveball and change my formation altogether!

Playing as Crewe in my game, got a regen player who is only 18 but who my coaches say would be a good signing for most premier league teams, they also say he can still improve a lot so i'm hopeful i've got a real talent on my hands!

I was thinking of buying this as theres usually a new patch after the January window, thought buying it 2nd hand would be cheaper but people listing it on ebay are saying registration code has been used. What does this mean exactly? Is it only allowed to be used on one computer?

I usually have 3 installs of it, one on my laptop at work for night shifts, one on my laptop upstairs and one on my desktop in the living room and what I usually do is carry the save game on a usb stick depending on which machine im using. So even if I buy it new I wouldnt be able to this right?

I havent had the game since 2011 (may have been 10) but it didnt used to have a code im sure.

I think you're able to set up steam on multiple computers. You just won't be able to be online with more than one at a time. You could do the same USB-routine with steam. It works the same way. You would need internet access on all though.

OK so with steam it costs £30 and I can use it on multiple machines, but the disc version costs roughly £10 less but comes with a code and i can only use it on one computer?

Downloaded the demo the weekend. Only played a few weeks on it but it doesn't seem to 'flow' as well as FM12. It just seems to have got more complicated over the years and there is too many different screens, things you can tweak, etc... and the layout, especially during the games, is difficult to navigate compared to previous years.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but so far I'm thinking of sticking to 12.

I'm leeching goals, got 3-4 of my players closing the same player happening over and over again.
Never had this problem in any other fm version the fm 2013. tried pretty much everything to avoid without any luck.
Anyone got any ideas?

I'm leeching goals, got 3-4 of my players closing the same player happening over and over again.

Never had this problem in any other fm version the fm 2013. tried pretty much everything to avoid without any luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

what system do you play and what instructions do your defenders have?

what system do you play and what instructions do your defenders have?

Playing with a deep  4-2-3-1. Central defenders on defending duty. An anchorman and defensive midfielder in front of them. Tried both a rigid system and a very rigid system. Yet my central defenders keep pulling out to close down a player all ready being closed down by wingbacks or defensive midfielders. I've instructed them to stand off more as well.  

I use closing down in opposition instruction on 1-3 players, I know they override the instructions all ready given but surly both of my central defenders shouldn't leave their position to close down a player all ready being closed down by my wingback or defensive midfielders?

My mate is in his 14th season with Fleetwood and keeps going between Champ and Prem.

Even when he goes up he condedes about 80 goals, he just scores 160. He's got a Czech regen who he signed as a 15-year-old in League Two and treats him like his real life son :lol: Gets down if he plays badly and all sorts.

Playing with a deep  4-2-3-1. Central defenders on defending duty. An anchorman and defensive midfielder in front of them. Tried both a rigid system and a very rigid system. Yet my central defenders keep pulling out to close down a player all ready being closed down by wingbacks or defensive midfielders. I've instructed them to stand off more as well.  

I use closing down in opposition instruction on 1-3 players, I know they override the instructions all ready given but surly both of my central defenders shouldn't leave their position to close down a player all ready being closed down by my wingback or defensive midfielders?

I was struggling too. Conceded more than 2 goals a game up until the january window of the first season. 

I think a lot of it has to do with the match engine, which will be updated but SI can't say when. A few pointers that will help out (It certainly changed my fortune):

* In pre-season put match prep to 50% and choose Tactic Only and Team cohersion as focus. When the sesason starts or team has become fluid put it to 30% and Defensive Positioning. (last one make a huge difference in my opinion)

* Use individual talks after matches to comment on performance. This will raise moral. Do it as much as you can, but be careful you are acurate in what you are saying to the players.

* Make a rigid, counter attacking system to use when in the lead or playing diffiuclt away games. I made one, basically a 4-4-1-1 with two DMCs and two winger, one AMC and a CF, that has proven to be very effective. I think it's important to avoid using advanced wingers. This ME version favours crosses heavily, and often a AM R/L will not track the fullback which will lead to goals.

Last season, before I made these changes, my away form was bad. 0-7-5. Villa Park was fortunatley a fortress, but I was still bottom half. I went on to finish 6th, only a point from CL-qualifing. This season so far it's 7-3-2 away and I'm 2nd in the league.

* Consider using a targetman.. It's close to being an exploit in this version. I have Gabby as targetman and he has scored 25 goals in 26 games this season. Benteke is my 2nd choice for that role and has managed 22 in 27 (mostly cup and europa league though). Bent plays the poacher role and has 24 in 26 and his backup, Destro has 19 in 27. Scoring a lot of goals to put it mildly!

Edited by tarjei

ive decided to wait till next year/season to buy this game, no point spending £30 for just 6 month enjoyment

although im quite looking forward to being villa next season, want to see what its like getting a team promoted from the championship...

Started unemployed and got the Inter job at the end of December. They were 14th in the League and I took them to 8th and the Italian Cup Final. After 15 games in charge (won 8, drew 5, lost 2) I was sacked! Worse yet is that they sacked me to bring Stuart Pearce in. :lol: Took the Udinese job and kept them up. Early in the 2nd season went to play Inter at the San Siro and won 1-0. Di Natale doesn't score many on this though. :(

Â