Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Just had an awesome season with Forest. Won 6 trophies in 1 season.

FA Cup, League Cup, World Club Cup, Community Shield, European Super Cup, Premier League....

Scored 100 goals, conceded 15.

This game is eaaaasy!

league.png

You mut have been bringing someone in who was at a club and therefore would owe his current club a compensation fee.

If I did, it can't have been more than £100k for all the new staff members I was bringing in

Just started a new game with Toulouse, with no Moussa Sissoko, £0 transfer budget, and a negative wage budget I figured it could be a decent challenge. After a terrible start in the league (took me four games to score my first goal), and getting knocked out of the Coupe de la Ligue in the first round, I'm now on an unbeaten run of seven games and up to 5th. Although Capoue got a straight red in my last game so I'm now without my best player for three games.

Just started a new game with Toulouse, with no Moussa Sissoko, £0 transfer budget, and a negative wage budget I figured it could be a decent challenge. After a terrible start in the league (took me four games to score my first goal), and getting knocked out of the Coupe de la Ligue in the first round, I'm now on an unbeaten run of seven games and up to 5th. Although Capoue got a straight red in my last game so I'm now without my best player for three games.

Capoue is a great player.

I sold Lichaj, Herd, Bannan & Stevens as soon as I got to January, just to free up some wages and try to generate some transfer funds.

Now Lowton and Vlaar need resting, Baker is out for 2 months and Dunne is severley lacking match fitness :(

I hate this game.

My last game was a 1-1 draw against Spurs, with Sylla at centre back and Westwood at rightback, due to lack of options!

Benteke is always being caught offside on my game, should I train his anticipation or his position, to fix this?

Can't check myself at the moment but does he have the 'try to beat offside trap often' PPM? If so you could try training that out of him, other than that if his mentality is very attacking try reducing it by a notch or two, or play shorter passing. That's all I can think of.

Won the Ligue 1 title in my first season at Toulouse, needed a point in the last game of the season and beat Montpellier 3-1. Didn't expect to win the title but poor performances from the bigger teams certainly contributed, PSG despite having a front two of Ibrahimavic and Falcao could only finish 4th, OM performed pretty poorly all season but made a late surge to grab 3rd, and Lyon finished down in 6th. Signing of the season has to go to Jenssen, signed him from Tromso for £2m and play him as a DLP in the CM position he's contributed 16 assists in the league aswell as maintaining an average of 100+ passes per game with 92% completion.

Elsewhere Villa finished 10th, Chelsea won the league, Man City beat Porto to win the Champs League, and QPR finished in 4th.

I'm playing the watered down handheld version on my Kindle.

I just came up from the 2. Bundesliga with 1860 Munich with a 16yr old ST called Paulo Sousa, getting 25 in his first season. His heading and pace are 20 whilst shooting is 16.

Little gem.

This game can be so frustrating sometimes, using the same set of tactics I used to win the league last season, I've only made two changes to my first XI (both improvements), yet five games in I'm down in 14th and have just lost 5-1 to Stade Rennais. And next up is Man City in the Champion's League..

As if my season wasn't going badly enough I now have 8 players injured, only two midfielders available for a match and I play a 3 man midfield. I can't use any of my reserves/youth because there 'already involved in other games', and I only have 3 subs (a DC, Winger and a Striker) so I decide to play with 3 CBs, 10 minutes into the game one of my CBs gets sent off..

On the bright side despite my dreadful form in the league I came top of my group (including Man City and Juve) in the Champion's League, and in January agreed a free transfer for Pogba from Juve as his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Everyone gets one of those bad patches where everything goes against you... it'll come around!

How is Benteke doing after the update? On my latest game I was managing Santos in Brazil but took the Arsenal job after two and a half years. First game of the sesaon is against Villa of course. He scored a beauty from long range but they were beaten 4-1. Then he was sold to Spurs for £19.25m.

Weimann has hardly played first team football, and Lambert has been replaced by Sam Allardyce. I hope FM is way off in predicting the future!

Started a new game as Yeovil! Currently sitting 1st in the league, unbeaten going into November.

Managed to sign some gems on frees including Jeffrey Sarpong, Mbu Alidor and Alistair Tangani.

Totally different game to playing as Villa or another top flight team due to how shit the lower league players are! It's ridiculous to try and sell on a bad player too....

Still enjoyable though and hoping to get promotion into the Championship....

Â