Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Managed to get Forest promoted, into Europe and won the Europa Cup.

Signed some brilliant youngsters, in about 5 years my team will be epic. Bought a 14 year old for 9m. He's gunna be the bollocks. What's the best way to train kids? 

Get in good coaches with 4.5-5 stars across the board and have them tutored by someone with great mentality. If you have them in the u-squad make sure your youth coaches are good as well. Let them play for the reserve team too, or make sure the u-team plays enough games by arranging friendlies.

Do not loan them out. They will impove very slowly compared to what you can manage yourself.

Was watching a game earlier (on FM) and noticed the players confidence all kept switching, all at the same time - Confident - Anxious - Confident - Anxious.

Now, I was winning 4-1 at the time and it just seemed weird how the players "confidence" kept rising and falling, all 10 outfield players, all exactly at the same time.

I don't know excatly what the difference is between 'anxious' and 'nervous' in FM terms, but if it happens to a few players I'm guessing it's down to one of two things. Either they are bad at coping with pressure from team talk/media/big game, or they are reacting to the opponents tackling. A player with low bravery will struggle if the other side is tackling hard/tight marking/closing down.

Wierd that it happens to all players at the same time though.. clearly there must have been some sort of trigger. I often seen complete changes too, but they are usually triggered by yellow or red cards, penaties, goals or disallowed goals.

Edited by tarjei

Or another one, why can a player be transfer listed for months and months, then you put a bid in and about 10 others do.

And then the team who beat you to the above player, will not have enough money to finalise the transfer anyway.

There could be some reasoning behind that, but it's just frustrating.

I pm you my steam name Forever.

No, pick new teams and start from a fresh going through the seasons.

I was thinking any premier league team bar those in Europe and Villa so no bickering over who plays as them.

Which days would be best, I could do any day bar fri/sat after 8 for a few hours.

I'm managing Barcelona and have real issues with the team talk, no matter if I kick ass after a bad game of kiss ass after a good game Messi and Gotze switch off and after a few games they go to the press and slag me off.

Is it because they are superstars and don't listen to a word anyone says?

I'm managing Barcelona and have real issues with the team talk, no matter if I kick ass after a bad game of kiss ass after a good game Messi and Gotze switch off and after a few games they go to the press and slag me off.

Is it because they are superstars and don't listen to a word anyone says?

When i managed Barcelona, it took maybe a whole year before the team started listening to my team talks. I think it has something to do with your past experience that you chose when you make your manager.

Â