Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

I wouldn't take too much stock of the star ratings, they are reliant on the quality of your staff and the standing of the club. CA is also pretty much irrelevant as the match engine uses the attributes that you see (and some you don't).

Chaz has improved recently which he will be rated on in the summer.

Edited by AndyClarke

Finally got Forest into the Champions League. One of my youngsters who I spoke about earlier finished top scorer in the Premier League with 30 goals. Love the dude. He's like a son to me now. :)

Has anyone downloaded and installed the patch that lets you play down to Level 9? It's fantastic, i'm managing my local club Runcorn Linnets, it's great because you dont pay any wages until you get promoted but the only downside is your best players can join other clubs for free and theres sod all you can do about it

Finally got Forest into the Champions League. One of my youngsters who I spoke about earlier finished top scorer in the Premier League with 30 goals. Love the dude. He's like a son to me now. :)

I'm playing Classic, unlocked the 'generate your own son' and was thrilled until I looked at his stats. My scout says he will be a decent League 1 right-back in the future.  <_<

Really enjoying this game, which is a surprise. In my 2nd season and pretty much cleared out 80% of the current squad. Think only Sylla, Lowton, Gardner, Clark, CNZ, and Baker are left.

Signed Adryan, Wellngton Nem and Koval in my first season and finished 9th, which is pretty good.

2nd season I sold Bent to Arsenal for £7.5m and got a new back 4. The young RB from Milan on loan, Kevin Theopopopoline-Catherine (LB) and CB's Matthias Jorgensen and M'Baye (18 from Inter) on permanents and both are beasts. I also signed Markus Henriksen, who's decent, and got Destro and Muriel on free's.

Up to 4th this season with Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool all languishing in mid-table (AVB and Rodgers both sacked).

Still need a new striker though as Benteke, Destro and Muriel can't seem to score. All the goals are coming from CNZ, Wellington NEM, Ait-Fana and Adryan.

Im finding more and more that I enjoy the ,manager / career mode on Fifa 13 than I do playing champo. It just got far to detailed for me, and took waaaaay too long to get anything done. Whereas Fifa is more to the point. Horses for courses I guess.

Im finding more and more that I enjoy the ,manager / career mode on Fifa 13 than I do playing champo. It just got far to detailed for me, and took waaaaay too long to get anything done. Whereas Fifa is more to the point. Horses for courses I guess.

That's what classic mode is for.

We will be starting the FM network game on Tuesday if anyone else is interested and play on a Tuesday and Thursday after 8 there on.

I am West Ham

AVFCforever1991 is Southampton

AVFC96 is Wigan

First session is tonight if anyone else is interested. Starting at Half 8. 

AVFCforever1991 has dropped out.

Just send me your Steam name and I'll add you. Then on a Thursday and Tuesday I'll give you the server name and password.

We are still in pre-season at the minute so you'd have time to buy/sell some players.

I downloaded this off Amazon US for £11.

Chuffed! ...until I started playing it and got extremely frustrated!

The wage budget is ridiculous. I've got the updated version, so I'm guessing that the wages of Dawkins and Sylla from the start of the season are effecting it.

I did the usual thing you do, where you get rid of a bunch of coaches, scouts and assistant managers, then replace them with better ones. BUT.. it would not let me hire a new assistant manager!

Even though I was keeping within the 'possible wages' for a new Assistant Manager, it kept saying that we do not have enough funds to complete the transfer.

I eventually had to promote Cowans to Assistant Manager, and then appoint a new reserve manager :S

Not a good start to my game!

Â