Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

I'm doin pretty crap. I'm playing the demo and im like typical villa win 1 lose a couple was bottom but pulled upto 12th. Progressing though in league cup had easy draw every time. Defence is terrible I've let in most in the league.

Lambert has already been sacked in my game and Villa are bottom in December on 3 points (no kidding) with a few 5/6-0 losses. It's down to our players not being rated high enough and before Andy jumps in to attack me, this is not his fault as he has no control over those we have signed.

I wasn't going to attack you!

It is unfortunate that our signings have pretty much all come from lower down the footballing pyramid, meaning that they are rated lower than they perhaps ought to be following 10 or so games this season.

I have seen some complaints about Villa finishing in the top 4 in the first season, so the 3 points in December is a bit of an anomaly in the same way as the top 4 or 5 finishes are. I have done a decent amount of testing and with Lambert in control we finish 10th-15th with the odd 17th place finish and the odd 8th or 9th. Bent does score plenty.

We are a very awkward team to use. In the game Warnock and Hutton are better choices than Bennett Lichaj and Lowton which is somewhat annoying.

Bent will score plenty and with crossing broken and Gabby and Nzog as wingers its very effective.

At the moment i just have us set up to score goals and not really concerned about being tight at the back. Last game I won away at Fulham 4-3 and most of my games have been goal fests.

We are a very awkward team to use. In the game Warnock and Hutton are better choices than Bennett Lichaj and Lowton which is somewhat annoying.

Bent will score plenty and with crossing broken and Gabby and Nzog as wingers its very effective.

At the moment i just have us set up to score goals and not really concerned about being tight at the back. Last game I won away at Fulham 4-3 and most of my games have been goal fests.

Didnt even look at warnock or hutton and sold straight away. bennetts stats are very low and have played Lichaj LB....Yep simple 442 with advanced wingers (gabby and nzog) has caused havoc...Most games are high scorers with us being weak at the back...only game i didnt score was vs utd...beat fulham 7-5

Almost won the league with Villa on my second season. Was 1 point ahead of Man United with 6 games to go. Beat Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle, then picked up draws against Cardiff, Fulham and Qpr. Proper frustrated.

Lowton and Clark and the only ones that turned out decent. The rest i either sold/replaced or kept them for backup. Bent is pretty good, but i'm now looking for a replacement for him.

Almost won the league with Villa on my second season. Was 1 point ahead of Man United with 6 games to go. Beat Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle, then picked up draws against Cardiff, Fulham and Qpr. Proper frustrated.

Lowton and Clark and the only ones that turned out decent. The rest i either sold/replaced or kept them for backup. Bent is pretty good, but i'm now looking for a replacement for him.

You've played 2 seasons? Jesus how much do you play it ;)

Yep, the actual managing part of the game is excellent, sadly, it's hampered by a god-awful match-engine. I've even imported some great tactics from 2012 that I've had loads of success with and as I type, I'm losing 4-1 to stoke! Something seriously wrong here! Fix it damn you!

Teams in BS South pass the ball around like they are a top team, sometimes managing 25+ passes leading to a chance.

How about this then. Most notable, Joe Allen with 213 passes. Not my screenshot, but it must be some crazy tactic to get that many passes from a team and only make 3 key passes.

2012110300004m.jpg

Â