Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

It is coded in the game that there will be a newgen called Andy Clarke, born 17/02 who supports Villa that comes into the game at some point. It is a perk for researchers and coders.

Is he any good? :)

This game is actually pretty realistic! 

Just started a new game, with Villa as always. First match away at West Ham, up 1-0 by Vlaar early, holding the lead and controlling the match until 80 mins. Then i concede 2 corner goals, one of them an OG. Lose 1-2.

Next match, QPR at home. Completely overrun, and losing 0-2. Guzan ends up with a 3.6 rating.

Third match, Norwich away, and things start looking better. Up 3-0 after 50 mins, Benteke and 2x Baker. Full controll. Then suddenly my defence decides to f*** it all up, and i concede 3 goals within 15 mins, the match ends 3-3.

I have never been so close to throwing my computer out the window.

Dont know how they make a game this realistic.

EDIT: Not that realistic really, 3/4 Villa goals from corners.

Edited by norwegianvillain

I've just started as Villa, haven't played as us for a few FMs now.

Gave away Given to West Ham for free, Sunderland bid £3.5m for Ireland (thanks MON :D) trying to get rid of Bent and Dunne now, and that will be over 200k to spend on a wage budget.

The plan is to get some scouts in for every major country and build a new team that way.

Done a few years with Juve, won everything in Italy every year because the rest of the sides are shit. In Europe it's a mare though, 2 QF exits in the CL and this season I finished 3rd in my group and dropped into the Europa League!

The only criticism I have is regarding the spending. For example Gilardino was the top scorer in Serie A in the first season and demanded to be transfer listed in the summer. He was worth about £6.25m and I had 3 long term injuries to strikers. I made an offer of £2.5m up front, with a further £3.5m when he plays 50 games and another £3.5m when he scores 30 goals. Basically I just wanted him to be a short fix until Jan and he was never going to reach the 2 additional payments because I was going to sell him in Jan (Which I did for £4.7m). In the transfer history and on my total spend as manager it's shown as £9.5m even though he never met the requirements for hose additional payments. Nothing big I just like to keep my net spend at a decent level.

Oh and at the start of my 3rd year Juve let me pick a feeder club, I chose Villa and they accepted, so they get all my fringe players which're more tan good enough for Villa!

My Shrewsbury save went a bit mental last night. I was 1-0 down to Wigan when Frimpong got sent off...or so it said on the tactics screen and on the commentary, but he was still running around on the pitch. About 20 minutes later in the match he actually did get sent off

Then I managed to equalise from a corner, but it didn't register! It wasn't disallowed, it just didn't pop up on the scoreboard or anything.

At the the end of the game it wouldn't let me do a team talk, I just had to exit the match.

I get to the news page and see the headline 'Wigan only manage a 1-1 draw with nine man Shrewsbury'. 

I've been playing FM for years, I've never seen it go mad like that before.

Still managing Walsall, 11 points clear in the Championship at Xmas in my second season in charge (won league 1 in my first season).

Finding it a bit easy if i'm honest. Maybe I should try managing Villa :D

Edited by Designer1

Still managing Walsall, 11 points clear in the Championship at Xmas in my second season in charge (won league 1 in my first season).

Finding it a bit easy if i'm honest. Maybe I should try managing Villa :D

What tactics do you use? I always seem to be crap no matter who I manage. I'm sure there's a right way to do things, I'm just not sure what that is.

Just got battered 5-1 by Spurs in the FA Cup final. Hate playing them on this, they beat me every time.

Finished 8th, annoying cos my away form was just abysmal. Not a bad effort though I don't think with having to rotate with the FA Cup run in there too. Into the poisoned chalice which is the Europa League now, gonna have to spend big in the summer I think. 

Not great start to the 15/16 season. Lost to Arsenal and City but beat Ipswich. My performance against Ipswich was shite though. Got Fulham next so fingers crossed.

Â