Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Spent under a million and the wage bill is around 90k which I'm very happy about. Need a striker and potentially a goalkeeper but pretty happy with my squad currently. 

Got a couple of outrageous regens. Picked up a 15 year old who I've loaned to League 1 (where he's starting every week) and has 5 star potential. Ridiculous!

Edited by Milfner

Finished 3rd in the Premier League in the second season with Crewe and made it to the quarter finals in the CL after drawing Celtic in the first knock out round. I was massivly outplayed by Real Madrid. Now expectations are starting to rise and my team talk of "no pressure" is having less effect. 

Really finding it difficult to sign anyone of quality that would improve the side, aside from the odd newgen with great starting potential. Basically anyone decent who is transfer listed is on £50k-£150k pr week and has no interest whatsoever in signing for less to get first team football. Anyone who is not transfer listed costs £15m or more.

I have been trying to sign Wellington Nem from Fluminese for two years. They flat out rejected £40m and I just kept on going to see how much they wanted. Eventually they said they would settle for £109m. I could possibly bring that down abit, but still seems a bit unrealistic. He is good but he is not world class. I only have two strikers in my sqaud at the moment and the new season is a few weeks away. Was looking at Jordan Rodhes, but after he was transfer listed Blackburn wants £19.75m, he wants £50k pr week and his agent wants £2.5m just for himself. No chance. My budget only allows £1.2m. I think a mid table season awaits. I have £40m to spend but no conceivable way to spend it. Club rep is still low and I can't unsettle players. Anyone decent that becomes available for an honest fee and salary someone else comes in and he signs for them.

Edited by tarjei

Finished 3rd in the Premier League in the second season with Crewe and made it to the quarter finals in the CL after drawing Celtic in the first knock out round. I was massivly outplayed by Real Madrid. Now expectations are starting to rise and my team talk of "no pressure" is having less effect. 

Really finding it difficult to sign anyone of quality that would improve the side, aside from the odd newgen with great starting potential. Basically anyone decent who is transfer listed is on £50k-£150k pr week and has no interest whatsoever in signing for less to get first team football. Anyone who is not transfer listed costs £15m or more.

I have been trying to sign Wellington Nem from Fluminese for two years. They flat out rejected £40m and I just kept on going to see how much they wanted. Eventually they said they would settle for £109m. I could possibly bring that down abit, but still seems a bit unrealistic. He is good but he is not world class. I only have two strikers in my sqaud at the moment and the new season is a few weeks away. Was looking at Jordan Rodhes, but after he was transfer listed Blackburn wants £19.75m, he wants £50k pr week and his agent wants £2.5m just for himself. No chance. My budget only allows £1.2m. I think a mid table season awaits. I have £40m to spend but no conceivable way to spend it. Club rep is still low and I can't unsettle players. Anyone decent that becomes available for an honest fee and salary someone else comes in and he signs for them.

Have you upgraded the youth facilites, Junior coaching and youth development to the max?

Couple things bugging currently.

I play a 4-2-3-1 and the '3' (Forrester, Judge and Clayton) are fully interchangeable but I can only get two of them to swap around. 

Secondly, 70% of my goals are conceded either directly from corners or from failing to clear them. Annoying.

EDIT: Fulham have been relegated and they still have Berbatov. He's tearing the place up.

Edited by Milfner

Junior coaching and network exceptional/extensive and the option to increase it has been greyed out for a long time, so I guess its at max. I can still ask to enhance the facilities even though they are rated 'top', so I guess there's a one of two upgrades left, but youth facilities has been upgraded twice and training once. After last season the board decided to build a new stadium. I didn't ask for it but I guess it was needed. They took up a loan though and rest was investments, so not much came out of the bank.

Crewe stadium, with 26001 capacity :)

Two of the youngsters I got in my youth intake in the 1st season has made it into the national team now. Unfortunately one of them just got a bad injury at the last friendly before the season starts.

9mFsVAV.jpg

hrKGi2p.jpg

A few more newgens, but these are not from the academy:

Signed for only£6k!
V6f0wSv.jpg

eMYmnx2.jpg

5sakrqS.jpg

Very effective with his right foot on the left side, scored 8 Premier League-goals last season
Y0AsrsA.jpg

bC2GNKk.jpg

3cVYQ0i.jpg

Got him for £650k from Swansea at the end of the 1st season.
wyK5tNv.jpg

Edited by tarjei
  • Like 1

Couple things bugging currently.

I play a 4-2-3-1 and the '3' (Forrester, Judge and Clayton) are fully interchangeable but I can only get two of them to swap around. 

Secondly, 70% of my goals are conceded either directly from corners or from failing to clear them. Annoying.

EDIT: Fulham have been relegated and they still have Berbatov. He's tearing the place up.

Have you tried putting match focus training on defending set pieces?

I guess it helps to have a few big lumps too. I have match prep on defensive positiong and haven't really had much issue with set pieces on default settings. I usually only concede from them when I'm on a bad run of form :angry:

Got bored of Crewe so decided to start with Colchester. Promoted first season via the playoffs. Struggling to get enough players in for the start of the season. Goalkeepers have been a massive problem for me on both saves now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Villa are ridiculously difficult after the latest update.

£0 transfer budget and -£100,000 wage budget. Players injured all over the shop.

Tell me about it. *Finally* got round to having a proper play with Villa. Can't shift Bent for anymore than 2mil. Got 1mil for Ireland. Can't give Shay away. Still having to pay half of Bent and Irelands contract because of no offering them Villa-standard wages.

Started the game with Albrighton, Gabby, Dunne and Bennett injured. By the end of pre-season, Vlaar, Clark, Weimann, Guzan and Delph had joined that number. The shortest of these injuries was around 7 weeks long. Not even training injuries, just picked them up during the friendlies.

Not enjoying Villa on this version. Not at all. None of the players seem to excite me or give me a bit of hope for the coming games. Every game is "Great, we're playing Reading away. How many will I concede? How many times will Culverhouse tell me Lowton has been skinned too easily this season?"

Villa are ridiculously difficult after the latest update.

£0 transfer budget and -£100,000 wage budget. Players injured all over the shop.

I think Villa is silly this season.I have to use FMLive to make the game playable with Villa ( I heal the team every 2 games )

I am playing in Classic mode and it seems like there is an international every month,FFS.

Because we had some $ not nothing at all and the injuries are really bad in this version, and like I said, in classic mode there are internationals every month to add even more injuries and players that can not be picked because they are away on international duty.

So in January when we were looking all but certainties for relegation, we signed only Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins on loan. There was nothing in the pot to spend otherwise Lambert would have strengthened in other areas.

Seems alright to me. It's a challenge, but it's realistic. If you manage to get rid of some of the high earners and do ok you will have money to spend the next season.

Â