Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Er, well it's still basically a dressed up spreadsheet, but a much nicer looking one :P it's on offer at the moment for £10, I'd say it's worth a go just to see how much it's changed from the old champo managers.

And tarjei, yeah, a journeyman game is on the cards. If a job offer comes in I'd more than likely take it.

I fear if I bought it my life would be wasted...! I'm sure I didn't see sunlight throughout most of my teenage years because of this game...!

Nooooooooooooo....

I had a FM game with Nottingham Forrest, had an awesome team and had won the Premier League 4x in a row, and the Champions League a few times (took over them when they were facing relegation in the Championship)... current season is the year 2027... and my Hard Drive has decided to no longer power up.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

'kin gutted. I assume Steam doesn't backup saved games on a cloud? 

Edited by PieFacE

Nooooooooooooo....

I had a FM game with Nottingham Forrest, had an awesome team and had won the Premier League 4x in a row, and the Champions League a few times (took over them when they were facing relegation in the Championship)... current season is the year 2027... and my Hard Drive has decided to no longer power up.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

'kin gutted. I assume Steam doesn't backup saved games on a cloud? 

I think it does, I've had to delete Steam + FM before because it wouldn't open and thought the same but all my saves were there.

**** me, how good is Nathan Baker on this? 

Ridiculous. He's 23 on mine and he's already close to winning POTS, valued at 12m and an England regular. Play him from the start though.

Started a new game as Villa manager. Through to the third round of the league cup and P5 W2 D1 L2.

Guzan

Lowton

Vlaar

Clark

Baker

Gardner

Sylla

Weimann

N Zogbia

Agboblahor

Benteke

:)

Edited by Avfc96

Finished my first season, though I holidayed about 30 of the games. Only got 39 points but just wanted to get to the start of next season and clear out. 

Already got rid of Bent, Albrighton, Bennett, Dunne, Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia and more. Will printscreen it later.

In season 3 and it seems that a fair few of the players that start at Villa can do a decent job later in the game.

I was planning on a career game starting at the bottom and working my way up, but after the first season Villa had been relegated and I couldn't resist the challenge of rebuilding and taking them back up. 

Getting relegated is hard on the wage bill, less than 500k, and with people like bent, given, dunne, makoun, nzogbia taking up around half of that, it is a challenge.  Shay given is doing his best to bleed the club dry, still with me on 52k a week, no-one wants him and he won't accept a contract termination, though he has finally decided to do the honourable thing and retire at the end of the season

Winning the championship was a breeze, highest goals and points record, and now i'm back in the premier league I still have a core of the original team, my defence, is unchanged, lowton, baker, clark and Bennett, and all of them are doing pretty well, baker is a beast, just got 4 goals in a game and is in the England squad, though yet to make his debut.  Westwood and Bannan play on a regular basis in the centre of midfield and are doing well, Westwood plays for England and Bannan just finished a game with 7 assists.....  Benteke is still there, though his days are numbered, I have managed to pick up a French regen who is an absolute monster, 6'8" tall and 15 stone, unsurprisingly he rarely gets beaten in the air :)

Building is going to be fun going forward, want to keep an English based squad theme which should be interesting!!

My second season as Villa manager ( playing in Classic mode ) finished 6th last season,comming top of group G in europe and Real keep trying to buy Albrighton and Bannan.I have been making a note and there has been an international every month so far.FFS.

bought an attacking midfielder called "Datalo" and he scores on a regular basis.

Is there anyway to stop a player playing for both U18 and reserve teams, Grealish is doing this and keeps getting too tired.

Put him in the reserve squad. Or keep him in the U18 and don't set him available for reserves.

Trying to get top 4 without spending over 40k on a player, only Vlaar is on that so far. Wage budget is 500k so chuffed with that.

LOTS of ins and outs, really happy with my side. Benteke is unhappy currently because he wanted 50k and I wouldn't give it to him.

Here's the transfers (had to cut some of the frees out, pretty much all the youth and reserves went).

i36k5d.png

Starting 11 and squad: 

r8h4dk.png

Edited by Milfner

Vlaar wanted 75k a week after 1 good season. Had to let him go on a free.

Also, I kept trying to buy Cresswell but couldn't stump up the money. Gonna go in for him a 3rd time this summer.

Â