Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

So in January when we were looking all but certainties for relegation, we signed only Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins on loan. There was nothing in the pot to spend otherwise Lambert would have strengthened in other areas.

I thought Sylla cost 1 million ? 

What about the injurys though in this version, I seem to get heaps upon heaps of injuries and NO I am not training too hard.It must be a problem for a lot of players cause someone has written a programme that cuts down the amount of injuries AND the recovery time.

So it cant just be me ?! 

I haven't really noticed a problem with injuries this year, I probably get less than I have in the previous games.

I've just started my 7th season with Shrewsbury, my 2nd attempt at trying to avoid relegation from the prem, failing the first time.

I've screwed myself over though with yearly wage rises and promotion wage rises, players that were on about 20-25k in the Championship are on about 40k-55k now. I'm an idiot. It's taken up all my transfer and wage budget, so I've hardly brought anyone in. I think I'm going to struggle again.

Edited by Paddywhack

So in January when we were looking all but certainties for relegation, we signed only Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins on loan. There was nothing in the pot to spend otherwise Lambert would have strengthened in other areas.

I thought Sylla cost 1 million ? 

What about the injurys though in this version, I seem to get heaps upon heaps of injuries and NO I am not training too hard.It must be a problem for a lot of players cause someone has written a programme that cuts down the amount of injuries AND the recovery time.

So it cant just be me ?! 

Sylla did cost something like that, which further proves my point, there was very little money available and Lambert spent it. When you fire up FM2013 with the January update and steal Lambert's job, you are in the position he was in after Sylla was signed.

No idea on injuries, I've not really found it to be a big problem in the one long term game that I have had. That is not to do with Villa anyway and unfortunately nothing that I can do about it, I suspect that people playing as Villa feel the injuries more due to the lack of quality in the squad.

Like I said there is a programme on "Football Base" that cuts down the possibility of injuries and the recovery time, so it must be a problem for other players.

The onlt trouble is that you can not use any other programmes or data bases with classic mode.I hope they change that for the next version. 

Injuries are obscene. I gave up with a Wigan save I was doing because I was getting more than 1 a game. I was also averaging 4 yellows a game and a red every other game which was ridiculous. My tactic didn't have anything that would make that happen.

Umming and ahhing who to be. 

Dunno whether to start relatively high or start from the very bottom. I play a couple of seasons on this one and just get ridiculously bored.

So I'm coming to the end of my first season with Villa with the new update.

Had very similar season to our real season. Dreadful at the start, then everything started to click and we're looking midtable. 36 points with 4 games to go.

EDIT: Oh and Clark has been utterly dreadful. So bad.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Finally got around to give this a proper play and started a new Villa game the other night. Looked at our situation and decided to not risking pissing the high earners off by offering them up to other clubs, so I decided to give N'Zogbia and Ireland a chance and didn't bring anyone in. Obviously it's all about avoiding the drop, which will be hard, but after 13 games we're 9th with 17 points. Best part is we've had some really nice highs, biggest one was beating ManU 3-0 at Villa park. We also managed a 1-1 draw with Arsenal. Unfortunately we only managed 3 draws (Swansea, Newcastle and WBA) and a loss (0-1 against Chelsea) in our last 4 games and we have some really tough fixtures coming up against Spurs, Man City and Everton, so chances are we'll be suitably deflated for an away day at Wigan. I'm not feeling very confident at the moment so I can certainly see us slipping down the table into the relegation zone now. Still, I'm determined to hang in there and if we manage to stay up I'll get rid of some of the expensive dead weight for next season so I can bring in a few interesting players of my own choosing. Here's hoping. :)

Injuries are obscene. I gave up with a Wigan save I was doing because I was getting more than 1 a game. I was also averaging 4 yellows a game and a red every other game which was ridiculous. My tactic didn't have anything that would make that happen.

Sounds like you could use that injury programme from "fm base" but only if you are NOT playing in classic mode.

Injuries have been endlessly discussed on the sigames-forums. Apparently there are less injuries on FM than in the Premier League on average, but you do get in to some very difficult situation at times, where you get one after another. Best just look at it like a challenge, and avoid injury prone players like the plague.

I've had times where it's been crazy, but it blows over and after playing this more than 1000 hours I feel it's safe to say that more often than not injuries are not a problem. Maybe it's different with FMC though.. I haven't tried that yet.

Edited by tarjei

Â