Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Signed Carlos Fierro and Will Hughes, and Cirigliano as my DM

Got rid of all the deadwood apart from Bent, when he goes Gabby will be on £55k with Delph the next on £32.5k

All my new signings are on the longest contract possible on sub £15k wages, so I will be building the whole team the same way. Quite liking the challenge, shame the team's so shit in the matches

• Like 1

Managed to turn it round with a couple of wins. But even in them I took the lead and lost it multiple times.

That is just something I can not do with Villa, it is always to much of a drag to go back.

Still managing Walsall, 11 points clear in the Championship at Xmas in my second season in charge (won league 1 in my first season).

Finding it a bit easy if i'm honest. Maybe I should try managing Villa :D

What tactics do you use? I always seem to be crap no matter who I manage. I'm sure there's a right way to do things, I'm just not sure what that is.

My thoughts exactly

my usual 4-1-3-2 narrow formation still sees me through with most teams, get yourself a good DMC and its brilliant, play a top team and stick a 2nd DMC in the middle of the midfield 3

however with dortmund i downloaded a 2-3-3-2 formation called park the bus which saw me smash everyone, 5 league titles and 3 CL on the trot, will overthrow fergie and then concentrate on the hero achievements before doing an edit game once the new season starts, got loads to do

Just had a nuts game against United. Was drawing 1-1 when Baker goes off injured. Already made my subs so 10 men. Then they get a penalty in the 93rd minute of which Westwood gets sent off in the aftermath (for dissent). They miss it.

5th now :D

Qualified for the Europa League after losing in the FA Cup final, got drawn in the same group as Marseille, Besiktas and Werder Bremen. Gonna be fun. Won 3 of my first 4 in the season though so that's alright. 

By the way, how overrated are Southampton on this? Ridiculous 

EDIT: One final point, is it just my Westwood that just never has the stamina to finish a full 90 minutes? 

Edited by Milfner

I'm still 5th but getting some silly results.

Was comfortable against Norwich and 1-0 up. Then I come out shit in the 2nd half and lose 2-1. Typical I guess.

hqfshuafsgahudfxosauhcukhsaioicjuhlvdis

Winning 1-0 against Chelsea and so comfortable. Dominated the game and Benteke missed a bloody pen. Then they score in the 86th and 90th minute. **** hate this game.

Doing shite 3rd season. Can't stop drawing. Only 28 points from 20, really thought I was in for a shot of Champions League but miles behind now. Into the knockout stages of the Europa League though.

Thoroughly annoying season so far.

Doing shite 3rd season. Can't stop drawing. Only 28 points from 20, really thought I was in for a shot of Champions League but miles behind now. Into the knockout stages of the Europa League though.

Thoroughly annoying season so far.

I know that feeling. Been 5th for ages then lost a couple of games and am now 9th.

my usual 4-1-3-2 narrow formation still sees me through with most teams, get yourself a good DMC and its brilliant, play a top team and stick a 2nd DMC in the middle of the midfield 3

however with dortmund i downloaded a 2-3-3-2 formation called park the bus which saw me smash everyone, 5 league titles and 3 CL on the trot, will overthrow fergie and then concentrate on the hero achievements before doing an edit game once the new season starts, got loads to do

Doesn't that put a lot of responsibility on the full backs when facing wide formations or tactics with pacy wingers? How do you cope with that? I use a 4-5-1 set up closer to a 4-3-3 (two attacking wingers) or 4-1-2-2-1 and I can sometimes struggle when the opposition exploits the space between my full backs and the advanced wingers. Usually I try to force the opposing wingers/full back out if the like to cut inside or show the onto the weaker foot if the like to cross from the byline, but usually they get a decent amount of crosse in unfortunately. 

In to April, 5 matches to go, sitting 5th, which is the final spot for the playoffs. 6 points off top, so automatic is still possible, but unlikely. Lookinh forward to rebuilding in the post-season, whether I get promotion or not, as I had to make the best of what I had, pretty much. it's gone better than I thought it would.

I could literally throw my laptop into a brick wall as hard as I could sometimes with this.

The match engine overcompensates SO **** MUCH for when teams are better than the other. My players who are normally fine, will just stand off them, not challenge them for headers and basically just let them score. Regardless of what shouts or tactics I set. Makes the game impossible because it's so unbalanced.

Finished 8th. Dropped too many points to be in with a chance in the last few games, 3 points off 5th in the end. Villa had a decent season, finished 7th, Big Ben scored 19. Wigan, Reading, and Sunderland relegated.

Third Season:

Yet more FA Cup related pain - lost on pens to Blackburn in the semi. 

Into the semis of the Europa League though and have beat Lille, Porto and Schalke on the way, pretty chuffed with that.

My Champions League push has fizzled out though, if I don't get it next season then I'll probably move on from Villa.

Â