Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

I had a nightmare run of 5 straight defeats in the middle of the season but turned it around. Couldn't keep up a sustained push for CL either and looking likely to finish 7th/8th.

Lost to Chelsea in the Europa League semis on away goals. Was 1-0 up and missed a pen in the second leg. Also in the first leg they were down to 10 for 60 minutes but couldn't score. 

Cup competitions have been horrible to me this season. 

Defeats on pens in the FA Cup semis, out to away goals in the EL and in the League Cup I lost to Brighton in the quarters and in the semis I would've had a championship side then Norwich in the final.

Gutted. 

Quality :D

Mixed bag for me. Had to sell Benteke but sold him for 22 mil and got a replacement who could be better, on a free. Damn my frugal ways! :D

In the semi of the CoC though.

15rcvi9.png

So this is happening. Can't really believe in all honesty, just beat Man City at home (was 1-0 down with 10 to go too) to go top. Only added 3 (4 if I use the other formation and he's been injured for four months) players to my starting 11 from last season. Think it's due to my youngsters just coming good - Nathan Redmond and Viktor Fischer have turned into absolute animals. 

Here's the table with 15 games to go. A bit of context, last season I finished in 6th with 58 points. Mental. 

era39y.png

Also, what makes me laugh... my average attendance is 36000 :lol:

Wow... I actually prefered this game before the update. It's awful now (which means I have no idea how to play it), it's so much different from before. My old game I won 5 cups in one season with Forest. Started a new game with Villa and just cant win, cant score. It's horrible.

Edited by PieFacE

So this is happening. Can't really believe in all honesty, just beat Man City at home (was 1-0 down with 10 to go too) to go top. Only added 3 (4 if I use the other formation and he's been injured for four months) players to my starting 11 from last season. Think it's due to my youngsters just coming good - Nathan Redmond and Viktor Fischer have turned into absolute animals. 

Here's the table with 15 games to go. A bit of context, last season I finished in 6th with 58 points. Mental. 

era39y.png

Also, what makes me laugh... my average attendance is 36000 :lol:

Similar thing had happened to me with Leverkusen, kept finishing in the Europa/last CL spot and then I had one season where I won my next 21 games from December until the end of the season, conceded 13 goals all season too. Went back to being a bit shit after that, did break all the records for games won in a row, games without conceding etc though.

Nice Milfner!

Benteke is just unbelievably shite for me. I cant get him scoring at all, and he's missed every **** penalty he's taken this season.

What role you playing him as?

In my game him and Bent seem to play well with each other with Benteke as a (support) target man and Bent as an advanced forward.

Signed Wanyama for £5m, so my midfield is looking better

EDIT Chantome has also joined for £3.8m, should help save me from relegation!

Edited by villarule123

Nice Milfner!

Benteke is just unbelievably shite for me. I cant get him scoring at all, and he's missed every **** penalty he's taken this season.

In my game him and Bent seem to play well with each other with Benteke as a (support) target man and Bent as an advanced forward.

Play him as support target man. Though no longer have Bent, have Guidetti next to him instead. Probably shouldnt have sold Bent really...

Nice Milfner!

Play him as support target man. Though no longer have Bent, have Guidetti next to him instead. Probably shouldnt have sold Bent really...

Isn't Guidetti also a target man?

The first season managing Villa is brutal.

What a awful, awful team

Stick through it.

And play Benteke as a CF!

EDIT: I have a dilemma. I have Aaron Cresswell who's 3* but has been faultless for me all season. I have a 2 1/2* LB who's potentially 4 1/2 * so I don't want to stifle his development. I also paid 12m for him. However Luke Shaw has just become available for 5m. To buy or not to buy?

Edited by StefanAVFC

Gutted. Lost out on the Prem by goal difference. 

iwsoc1.png

Even won the FA Cup and Europa League but that's annoyed me so much. When the title was touch and go I decided to go all out against Norwich with 10 minutes to go thinking I had to win. They countered me and scored in 94th minute. That point man! 

EDIT: Worst thing is, I beat the bastards home and away too. 

Edited by Milfner

Gutted. Lost out on the Prem by goal difference. 

iwsoc1.png

Even won the FA Cup and Europa League but that's annoyed me so much. When the title was touch and go I decided to go all out against Norwich with 10 minutes to go thinking I had to win. They countered me and scored in 94th minute. That point man! 

EDIT: Worst thing is, I beat the bastards home and away too. 

Ha! Could you imagine the uproar on VT if that had happened in real life? Brilliant. :D

• Like 1

My Villa team is now:

Guzan

Clark Baker Vlaar Lowton

Cirigliani

Wanyama Chantome

N'Zogbia Agbonlahor

Benteke

Select subs: Fierro, W. Hughes, Westwood, Hiljamark (loan)

Need to replace Guzan, Baker, Clark, Chantome, Nzog and maybe Gabby to be able to compete for the top 6

They're expanding Villa Park to 55k and I have to play in the sodding Ricoh for a year. 

Also, in the end of season review the board said they were "content" with my performance and we did "average" in the cup competitions. clearings in the woods.

Â